Tyrus

Spice and some ribs

I selected these spices for a flavor profile, sweet and with a little heat. Finished off with a mix of Rufus Teage (Whiskey Maple) and Head (Apple Habernero). Don't know what it is about BBQ sauce but I always take a sip from the bottle, just can't help it. Anyhow here's a few pics to show I actually did the work, nah, no work, it's always enjoyable. Oh, before I forget. You may already do this with your spices as I just stumbled across it's application and how it helps to preserve your spice. The covers on most rubs in larger containers aren't air tight and once open and used turn out the second time around for use as a hard as a brick. I found that if you cover the top with a piece of plastic wrap your spice stays true to form for it's next use. The covers the manufacturer supplies is great for dispensing but air and moisture rob the product of it's shelf life not to mention hardening it like a rock. You may already do this but if you don't it may be worth a try. By the way, that's 12+lbs of ribs, they sat quite comfortably on that top rack

DSCF2841.JPG

DSCF2842.JPG

DSCF2844.JPG

DSCF2845.JPG

DSCF2846.JPG

DSCF2847.JPG

• Like 9

Awesome ribs mate they look bloody terrific. And thanks for the tip .makes so much sense

I selected these spices for a flavor profile, sweet and with a little heat. Finished off with a mix of Rufus Teage (Whiskey Maple) and Head (Apple Habernero). Don't know what it is about BBQ sauce but I always take a sip from the bottle, just can't help it. Anyhow here's a few pics to show I actually did the work, nah, no work, it's always enjoyable. Oh, before I forget. You may already do this with your spices as I just stumbled across it's application and how it helps to preserve your spice. The covers on most rubs in larger containers aren't air tight and once open and used turn out the second time around for use as a hard as a brick. I found that if you cover the top with a piece of plastic wrap your spice stays true to form for it's next use. The covers the manufacturer supplies is great for dispensing but air and moisture rob the product of it's shelf life not to mention hardening it like a rock. You may already do this but if you don't it may be worth a try. By the way, that's 12+lbs of ribs, they sat quite comfortably on that top rack
DSCF2841.thumb.JPG.ce0a96c29ca5856bd9ce08f080152097.JPG
DSCF2842.thumb.JPG.4cecd313eae7a077dc2d7470f67323b0.JPG
DSCF2844.thumb.JPG.d55c6ba31e4272c6a6e69b80894967f9.JPG
DSCF2845.thumb.JPG.1911f695f2d5e52638e3e6f4d7d5cc22.JPG
DSCF2846.thumb.JPG.bbeaeda60955d9d9267870dc303bff23.JPG
DSCF2847.thumb.JPG.48a86f508eb0d783bc8a4d0a555cd4f2.JPG

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 3