Tyrus

The Mascot

I was out in historic Plymouth Mass. the other day looking around antique and second hand stores hunting for something to add to the BBQ villa. So I open the door to this one establishment and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a  pig  staring at me from up on high, I think he could talk because I believe I heard him say, "You yah you,...Take me home".  AS I drew closer the 25% off ticket I saw sealed the deal and before ya knew he was riding shotgun back with me to the house. So, um...do any you have a mascot around the KK to dress up the area, help me out, I can't be the only one....could I?  He's a pretty big porka coming in around 30 x 24 inches and fully welded at the seams, a handsome creature, a sight to behold. The picture really doesn't do him justice. And how about the cowboy coffee pot also, it was found not to distant apart, a daily double just shy of a trifecta. A horse might be next. Zo if your watchin, we can settle the big question here and now regarding the 23 KK and the whole hog. Pictures don't lie!  Open your eyes...the truth shall set you free

DSCF2849.JPG

DSCF2851.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

I have a big old skunk that visits time to time when I'm cooking at the marina.  He always manages to show up just about the time the food is ready to come off the KK. 

A few cooks have been overdone when Pepe Le Pew shows up!!!

I'll gladly trade you old Pepe for the pig 😁!!!!!

Image result for pepe le pew

Edited by Jon B.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Tyrus, you need a bigger KK. :) 

Nah, the 23 is working fine and meeting my needs for 90% of the cooks. Actually, I should have jumped on Dennis's clearance sale last year on the 19. Nope, going to hold pat for a while, putting on a new deck. Don't tempt me, I'm on the straight and narrow. 

• Like 4

Tyrus here is my mascot.
Kenny, God of Kamados.
560419615cf50ee0d856ec6229852525.jpg
Kenny guards over cooks to ensure every meal is a winner!
Actually we picked him up in Papua New Guinea 50 years ago.
7418f2fa0cf1e873a382c74dd2c75c91.jpg
Fearsome looking dude eh?
I’ll be keeping an eye out for his partner. Don’t want him getting lonely...... or angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Very impressive Basher and he's got such a serious expression. Well, he sets the tone...........maybe you could get him a girlfriend and then he'd pop on a smile. What else you got in the closet? I hope he looks over you and yours with many blessings and ensures all your cooks are as expected.                                    Teak wood?

• Like 1

I finally found one, a new mascot one made to share the spotlight with the grand ol'pig. I found this guy by a roadside at an antique and used whatchamacallits items church yard parking lot sale. It wasn't cheap, but you know once you get bitten and gotta have it you have to buy it. Well, after some back and forth dickering we settled on a price and here he is, pretty sure it's a he. Anyhow it's aluminum base with a nickel or chrome surface, it should look pretty good hanging up 9 or 10 feet as an inspiratioal motivator. The search continues, may even have mounted on my tombstone after my cooking days expire, but's that's for another day, he'll be sitting by the fire until spring.

DSCF3914.JPG

Edited by Tyrus