Tyrus

Frango na pucara

Years ago I went to the Azores and today I was yearning for a taste left behind. This is a chicken right off the internet with um white wine, port wine, brandy, shallots, chicken, parsley, garlic, s&p, presunto, bay leaves, chive, garlic, paprika and it should have had crushed red pepper to kick it up but I followed the recipe against my better judgement. It was still good but,  on a level playing field. I added a chunk of apple wood with the top off for the first 1/2 hr for smoke and then raised the temp higher to finish. I used CoCo char and that stuff brought us to temp in lickety split, no kiddin..yep it was fast and then into crusin mode. Easy Peasy. My wife bought that ceramic at the Goodwill for $3, imagine that, brand spankin new.......it ain't new anymore. That's the only thing I would've added, some zing..a bit of dash. Elsewhere on another corner of the yard some jerky was coming to life, two pits running, both with good outcomes. Sorry for the money shot on the Frango na pucara, it was fuzzy but it tasted like money . Stay safe and out of harms way.

DSCF2899.JPG

DSCF2902.JPG

DSCF2903.JPG

DSCF2905.JPG

DSCF2907.JPG

DSCF2909.JPG

DSCF2910.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, Basher said:

emoji102.png, emoji102.png tyrus, emoji102.png what new toy?

Being delivered Monday, yes it is BBQ, don't want to jump the gun but I'll give you a hint......Hector from Hector's Smoke House has one. That's it, my lip's are sealed, wild horse's could drag it out of me. Monday's pic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As promised the last box at the end of the day on the delivery truck. It's here and a hot and fast style of cooking is what it does. Ordered the Rib rack which can easily do 10 racks. I mainly got it for the advantage of bringing it to other locations for quick cooks because although it has some weight it's not a burden except it is large at 55 gal, bigger than the competition Pit Barrel at 30. The paint is Matte black but rated for 1000 degrees vs the other prettier models of color having 450. Burn in tomorrow sealing with some Pam and that'll be it

DSCF2916.JPG

DSCF2918.JPG

DSCF2919.JPG

• Like 4

I believe Hector did a vid on this product in January on his site if your interested to look. Those long chutes are for air which feed down to the bottom of the charcoal basket and the height is for convenience to adjust the flats over the holes that supply air. The welded handles are directly behind each chute. People have used the drums in competition and consistently do well, also for those using a CberQ will find it easily adaptable. As large as it is (capacity) it starts quickly and runs up to temp, it's portable. It meets my needs, puts out a good product, it certainly can't replace the KK,  just think of it as another notch in your gun.

• Like 2