Aussie Ora

My butcher

Everyone is going spastic. Lucky I still have a job but that's not guaranteed. The way things are heading .I start work before the shops open .and when I'm finished the shelves are bear .Who is buying all this stuff . My butcher has started rationing .he is a top bloke he knows there is heaps of meat he can get .to keep us all going

Haha Aussie.
A mate dropped into the butcher the other day and the guy in front of him had 70kg of meat- that’s over 150lb...... panicking...... knucklehead!
Harvey Norman are running out of freezers!.... insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

It’s a truly sad indictment on our societies when self preservation mode kicks in and this selfish behaviour is exposed.
I thought our greater community was better than this.
I was thinking a small water leak into their garage where the TP is being hoarded, but power outage for the freezer knuckleheads will work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Aussie, I went to the store yesterday explicitly for a whole chicken. One chicken so I could cut it in half and hang it in the new smoker for a test run. Wouldn't you know it not a bird to be found, not even a picture of one. So then I said, lets go to the butcher, what the heck...they specialize in meat. Back into the car and across town, 5 miles in the opposite direction. I get there and what do you think...it's a corona virus convention, the stores packed to the gills and guess what, all the chickens are cut into parts. I bought some wings and a good bottle of cheap wine. There's gotta a moral to this somewhere, I know, when your down on your luck, and you can't find a cluck,,,,throw your hands in the air and say what the F.................k.  Think I'll hunker down, eat some wings, watch some reruns of All in the Family, Archie in his chair and me in mine. You do know who Archie is don't you, hope so..the world isn't that small

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Don't be a meathead! :smt043

Thankfully there's still some good folks out there, doing the right thing! Not only trying to fill a needed gap, but they are GIVING IT AWAY!!! I know the owners and they are great people! Love giving them my business.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/health/swisher-distillery-cedar-ridge-turns-alcohol-into-hand-sanitizer-in-wake-of-covid-19-strains-supplies-20200317

Edited by tony b
  • Like 3

Tony that’s unreal.
I sent this on to my mate with the Lord Byron Distillery.
Talking to a commercial cleaner yesterday, said hand sanitiser has gone from $4 up to $25 for 750ml in the last 2 weeks. I went into the pharmacy next door and sure enough, no hand sanitiser, no vitamin C.
He went into his supplier yesterday and there was a bidding war for bulk liquid sanitiser. 2 x 1m3. I’m guessing it’s about 2 tubs of 100 gal.
$17,000 each.
Ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

That's an old show but funny . No good on the chook hunt that's a bit sad .plenty still to be had here. Went to my butcher Today and got hold of some ribs to cook tomorrow. Which is a bonus. Our state government just introduced a 1 person to a 4 square meter rule .that just killed the restaurants and bars.

Aussie, I went to the store yesterday explicitly for a whole chicken. One chicken so I could cut it in half and hang it in the new smoker for a test run. Wouldn't you know it not a bird to be found, not even a picture of one. So then I said, lets go to the butcher, what the heck...they specialize in meat. Back into the car and across town, 5 miles in the opposite direction. I get there and what do you think...it's a corona virus convention, the stores packed to the gills and guess what, all the chickens are cut into parts. I bought some wings and a good bottle of cheap wine. There's gotta a moral to this somewhere, I know, when your down on your luck, and you can't find a cluck,,,,throw your hands in the air and say what the F.................k.  Think I'll hunker down, eat some wings, watch some reruns of All in the Family, Archie in his chair and me in mine. You do know who Archie is don't you, hope so..the world isn't that small

• Like 1

I have 15 more lambs coming in from the farmer on the 2nd of April.
All up for grabs- no knuckleheads allowed.
Still kept the price the same at $15/kg- that’s roughly US$8/lb- for premium lambs.
It’s life as usual for us..... apart from the knuckleheads.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Our state government just introduced a 1 person to a 4 square meter rule .that just killed the restaurants and bars.

Our restaurants are only allowed to do take-out now, no seating of any kind. Bars are closed, along with any place where 10 or more congregate - movie theatres, bowling alleys, concerts. 

• Like 1

You'd be happy to know I finally found a chicken, (or maybe not), regardless, while I was at the store I noticed a sign on the exiting door stating, "The store will open between 6:00 am and 7:30 am for customers aged 60+."  How bout that, might as well run for President cause I can guarantee a Chicken in every pot as long as I can get to the chickens first. Nah, restraint is in order, although all them squirrels in the backyard are lookin mighty temptin, what you think Mac.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The kangaroos are looking rather tempting at the momment.

You'd be happy to know I finally found a chicken, (or maybe not), regardless, while I was at the store I noticed a sign on the exiting door stating, "The store will open between 6:00 am and 7:30 am for customers aged 60+."  How bout that, might as well run for President cause I can guarantee a Chicken in every pot as long as I can get to the chickens first. Nah, restraint is in order, although all them squirrels in the backyard are lookin mighty temptin, what you think Mac.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/18/2020 at 11:17 AM, Basher said:

A mate dropped into the butcher the other day and the guy in front of him had 70kg of meat- that’s over 150lb...... panicking...... knucklehead!

That's more like my minimum order when I buy a half or whole animal.  These hoarders are amateurs, that is all I can say!

On 3/18/2020 at 6:55 PM, tony b said:

I hate to sound cruel, but those folks deserve to have a 24 hour power outage!

And NO, I do not want a power shortage round here!  Will have to rely on The Husband's hoard of about X hundred bottles of wine to keep us going.  Uh.  Maybe not so bad after all.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3