Aussie Ora

Things just got real

Every state has closed their borders travelling within Western Australia we are advised don't. Ie Easter holidays are coming up and a lot of us go down south or up north . My company had a meeting yesterday this whole thing has hit them hard but to their credit they are in a financial position to offer me another 4 weeks fully paid work to help lock down their assets. And on top of that can pay me my redundancy .which is a considerable amount of money .which will soften the blow . Plus the government just past a package guaranteeing anyone loosing there job $1100 a fortnight. Literally a million if not more people have lost their jobs . After the 4 weeks are up I will trying my hardest to find work. Before total lock down. Take care everyone please keep your distance .

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Sad 7

Well said tucker. There will be an end to this and unlike the gfc, this is not driven by greed.
These moments will galvanise communities.
To all who find themselves in extremely tough circumstances, don’t forget to ask for help. You will be surprised how many friend are sitting on the edges wanting to help. They just don’t know where they can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Sounds a little bit like prohibition, before you know high speed boats will be running up and down the coast avoiding the coast guard and you'll be meeting with people in dark alleys buying the latest brew. Who woulda knew. You can always make your own, ask Toney for the recipe, although he guards it closely and it may be locked in his vault, under the circumstances I believe he would share

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tyrus said:

You can always make your own, ask Toney for the recipe, although he guards it closely and it may be locked in his vault, under the circumstances I believe he would share

Glad to share recipes; it will be up to you, however, to procure the necessary equipment and to source the ingredients! :occasion5:

• Like 5

I've been doing that for years so she'll be right .. But seriously I know us Aussies like a Drink . But that's a pretty ample load a carton and a bottle of bourbon per day . But there is no policing ie I can buy a carton of beer at one store and then just drive to the next we have heaps of bottlos /drive throughs to by piss ..I have squirreled away a few light refreshments .in case we go into total lock down

Sounds a little bit like prohibition, before you know high speed boats will be running up and down the coast avoiding the coast guard and you'll be meeting with people in dark alleys buying the latest brew. Who woulda knew. You can always make your own, ask Toney for the recipe, although he guards it closely and it may be locked in his vault, under the circumstances I believe he would share

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pequod said:

I live in the middle of what's known as the Monticello Wine Trail. https://monticellowinetrail.com/

Lots of the local wineries are now offering free shipping, free delivery (if you're local), and discounts in some cases. I've been stocking up...just in case... <_<

No problem with that, taking advantage of that is within the rules, your helping people through some hard times, many businesses are becoming creative to stay afloat. Stock away Pequod, dig a root cellar for more room

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tony b said:

Some of our wineries have started doing similar -- they schedule a virtual tasting a week or so in advance, and then you go to their online shop and they've bundled the wines for the tasting. LOVE the creativity these folks are bringing in a tough time. How can I not support (and sip!)?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Officially my last day of work woohoo can sit back and bludge .Dee got the flick from work yesterday . My worst fear has come true all those jobs that I said I would do around the house when I have time has just rocked up. Bugger looks like I have a full time unpaid job at home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2