BARDSLJR

In these trying times...pulling together

Well folks, I don't know where you are, but here in Denver we are on pretty strict lock-down and self quarantine. My Fitness Center and my Tennis Club are closed for at least the next 60 (probably 90, maybe more) days. We are in self--imposed house arrest, rapidly discovering which liquor stores deliver and how to use Instacart. But you know, since you can't sit on the porch and have a glass of wine with your friends and neighbors, you still want to reach out and have some sense of communion and community. And you have to DO SOMETHING with your time, right?

So, okay, today I made babyback ribs and sauce for all my neighbors up and down the streets: it gave me something to do between noon and 6PM, and I have a half-dozen or so very appreciative friends and neighbors. So I don't consider barbecue a solo sport or activity, and maybe in these trying times your friends and neighbors would appreciate reaching out with the gift of smoked meat and such.

The before and after, shown below. Also my "mother" bbq sauce recipe- I never make this exactly the same way twice, but this is the base I start with.

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

Johnny Harris BBQ sauce- Jim's version Feb 2007.doc

• Like 11

Good onya mate awesome effort

Well folks, I don't know where you are, but here in Denver we are on pretty strict lock-down and self quarantine. My Fitness Center and my Tennis Club are closed for at least the next 60 (probably 90, maybe more) days. We are in self--imposed house arrest, rapidly discovering which liquor stores deliver and how to use Instacart. But you know, since you can't sit on the porch and have a glass of wine with your friends and neighbors, you still want to reach out and have some sense of communion and community. And you have to DO SOMETHING with your time, right?
So, okay, today I made babyback ribs and sauce for all my neighbors up and down the streets: it gave me something to do between noon and 6PM, and I have a half-dozen or so very appreciative friends and neighbors. So I don't consider barbecue a solo sport or activity, and maybe in these trying times your friends and neighbors would appreciate reaching out with the gift of smoked meat and such.
The before and after, shown below. Also my "mother" bbq sauce recipe- I never make this exactly the same way twice, but this is the base I start with.
IMG_1517.thumb.jpg.d883aef57ad62ed3ca09862d3aa65f5d.jpg
IMG_1520.thumb.jpg.371c605bb467a6833a8c112af522c8c2.jpg
Johnny Harris BBQ sauce- Jim's version Feb 2007.doc

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Superb bard, I love it.
Been listening to a few books recently about community engagement.
Turns out, it’s almost as important for humans as air and water........ and ribs!
These are fabulous moments when we can step up to help, awaken from our boring lives!
Maybe not fabulous moments, but you know what I mean.
Well done bard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2