Mayor

KK Coming to Pittsburgh

11 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Beautiful, and it's safe and sound. :occasion7:

I almost crapped my pants when the grill went rolling off the liftgate, thankfully two wheels came off and bottom off the grill rested on liftgate till it finished lowering to patio.  The UPS guy almost crapped himself too knowing he was responsible for it.  

The christening will be tomorrow, need to get some fish or seafood to throw on there.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been late getting pictures and cooks uploaded.  This thing has been amazing.  After burn in, did a pork butt overnight to test, couldn't believe how well it maintained temperature.  

Did a pizza for second cook, first one (kids pizza) burnt on one side cooked for ten minutes, next one did for 9 and turned halfway through and came out excellent.  

Pictures of some of my other cooks.

20200411_172702.jpg

20200411_173706.jpg

20200411_174727.jpg

20200413_172827.jpg

20200413_175127.jpg

20200413_180355.jpg

• Like 3

Plan on doing rotisserie chicken this evening, with beef brisket tomorrow into Sunday.  One question I have is uneven charcoal burning.  Thebright side of the grill is burning more than the left, even when place lit charcoal evenly throughout, I do tend to use the right side draft intake versus the left, allowing air to flow from under the right, should I leave both the right and left open some to allow air to evenly flow underneath?  

20200417_160035.jpg

17 hours ago, Wingman505 said:

Oh man.  This thread gets me excited for the delivery of mine.  I looked at my wife, pointed at the screen, and said, "Look... That's a pork butt, that's a Big Bad!"  :D

I never imagined how easy it would be to cook on it.  Maintained temperature between 230-245 on 16 hour low and slow cook without ever touching it.  Condensation comes out from the vents at the bottom, telling you how much moisture is inside during the cook, never had a dry piece of meat yet.  I wish I had more time on my hands to do all kinds of cooks.  

• Like 1