erictag1

Restoring the outside finish on a KK

I purchased a KK that may be 10 years old. The outside finish is weathered and dull and I would like to bring back the shiny, bright look that it deserves.

I have not found this addressed in the forum and would appreciate your input on how to get this done.

Thank you!!

Eric

54301dd8b4dc50bf14f5ad25e7d0da49.jpg

d11dec58b5e29bc6f79dae2e6b5e1b60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Others will have their own opinions and procedures, but here is what I would do.

First, wash the exterior with soap and water to get the surface dirt off, then dry. Second I would use Zep Fast 505 to clean the grease and stubborn dirt from the exterior. You can also use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser with the Zep for the stubborn areas. Third, rinse and dry to remove excess Zep (or whatever your chosen cleaner is). Fourth, now the surface is clean, carefully check all the grout joints to be sure they are intact and regrout if needed. You can obtain grout from the KK website, if you didn’t get any from the original owner. Finallly, I use Meguiar’s Ultimate Quik Wax to give a final shine to the tiles and stainless steel.

I should add, all the above have been recommended in various Forum threads over the years.

Edited by jonj
  • Like 8