ckreef

King Arthur Crispy Cheesy - Take 2

27 minutes ago, Pequod said:

Do tell. What pan dough recipe is this? Lloyd 10x14?

King Arthur Crispy Cheesy Pan Pizza recipe featured in their latest sales magazine I got a few weeks ago. That pan measures 11" x 15" at the bottom or 12" x 16" at the top. It's a big one. About the biggest I can reasonably fit in the Wood Fired Oven. This version I upped the recipe by 1.75 times. Probably could have just doubled the recipe. Also I used half bread flour and half all purpose (recipe called for just all purpose flour). It was very soft on the inside. I made the dough Friday night and in the refrigerator it went until today. 

• Like 1

I got the large Lloyd pan for my birthday last month.  Reading the comments about the pans on this forum made me ask for it. Boy it JUST fits on my KK. I saw ck’s post and tried the King Arthur recipe this past weekend. Made a 2X batch of dough Friday afternoon and let it rest in the fridge overnight. I was concerned that it was too little dough for the pan—as it warmed up and I stretched it, I kept making holes in it because it was so thin.  Tough to fill to the corners.  In the end, for this pan I would do a 2 1/4 times recipe. Anyway, mozzarella, fontina, parm, canned crushed tomatoes strained overnight, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions sliced wicked thin and black olives. One of my best crusts ever! Cooked at 450 or so for 20 minutes on top of my pizza stone.  When done it slipped right out of the pan with no effort.  I will absolutely use this recipe again.

3FDB1DE4-C04F-4DB2-B1EC-9247B8F95040.jpeg

• Like 6

Great looking pizza.

I really love Lloyd Pans. I also really like that dough recipe. As you found out you just got to figure out the right amount of dough for your pan. For stretching into the pan, the trick is to let the dough come to room temperature for about 3 hours. Poke stretch it then cover and rest 15 minutes or so. Repeat 3 or 4 times and it'll eventually fill the pan. Did you get one of the tops for your pan?. If not you might want to consider getting one. It makes the cover and rest process way easier than trying to use Saran wrap. 

• Like 2