Wingman505

32" BB Delivery, Transport, and Burn-in

4 hours ago, Wingman505 said:

Well, I'm selling the Kamado Joe as well.  Good news... I'm already talking to my wife about a gold & olive pebble 23" Ultimate!

Olive and gold 23”/32” combo is tough to beat, but not very original. 😜

DFB4A258-6119-441F-8D36-8BA8E674589D.thumb.jpeg.ec61abeaed98c4351edacaf980c13ed0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 5/1/2020 at 3:00 PM, MacKenzie said:

Wingman , "I also got impatient and got the KK off of the pallet with a small assist from my tiny wife. "    and Christine said," hmmm... Interesting. That's not exactly how I remember that."  :grin:

Lol! Actually, this time, it’s an accurate statement! I provided *very* little to no assistance in getting the KK off the pallet. 🤣

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tekobo said:

I suspect no breaking down is needed.  Once you see one KK it is hard not to want another in your life.  You could emulate @Pequod's set up or you could go wild and pick another colour.  We await your decision, with bated breath.  

We are emulating @Pequod's setup.  I've got all the goodies in my cart including 15 boxes of coco char.  We're pulling the trigger tonight!  I have a question about the rotisserie spit?  Which do I choose?  Hex or square?

Edited by Wingman505

4 hours ago, Wingman505 said:

We are emulating @Pequod's setup.  I've got all the goodies in my cart including 15 boxes of coco char.  We're pulling the trigger tonight!  I have a question about the rotisserie spit?  Which do I choose?  Hex or square?

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

I have no idea what the difference is between hex and square but, looking back at the shopping list for my KKs, I got hex.  Pull that trigger!:smt066

9 hours ago, Wingman505 said:

Not sure what he’s or square means in this context unless it means the shape of the end of the rod that fits into the hole. 

I took the hinge spring cover off to adjust the spring.  It has settled in and isn’t quite self-opening like when it was brand new.  I noticed these areas lacking grout.  I can see the refractory material in the gaps.  Should I install grout, or is this perfectly fine/normal?187953E2-4044-4479-AA61-AEA0B107A0D5.thumb.jpeg.c68f297e6a4d664da120efee1d7796a4.jpeg241DE2ED-855B-4B58-8951-333CC5A7266B.thumb.jpeg.40df0b219a738e3de61d59956b8eba29.jpeg