ckreef

Prosciutto Pork Wraps

This adventure actually started last Christmas when I bought 2 packs of Prosciutto but only used one. Later in January I figured the unused pack was getting old and I'd have to throw it out. Then I looked at the expiration date, 7/10/20 - What? I guess unopened prosciutto in the refrigerator lasts almost forever. 

prc19E.thumb.jpg.b7339f376440bf11196e2b5358e2fc51.jpg

With that realization I figured I would save it for something special. Then came February, March, April, and now it's May. What could be more special than a COVID-19 Challenge. Enough of the background, let's get cooking. 

Friday night I started a small Boston Butt that finished Saturday. 

prc19A.thumb.jpg.c8441ce2af7710187d8cc18b5bf5fcca.jpg

prc19B.thumb.jpg.51df733180d3ddcfcf738a695ddeb34d.jpg

Made a fresh slaw and some squash strips. 

prc19C.thumb.jpg.03a8ba65cba387e5022ae5e9f3f159c0.jpg

prc19D.thumb.jpg.d1886086e51448c540431ad010734d68.jpg

Added bbq sauce to some pulled pork then rolled that and a little slaw in prosciutto. 

prc19F.thumb.jpg.b18b005ed3437702fcbbfb8151958e52.jpg

prc19G.thumb.jpg.f0fb27c4a324ecdec536e7909b43691a.jpg

Cooked the squash on my Primo Oval Jr and the prosciutto wraps on my 19" Komodo Kamado. When the wraps were almost done I drizzled a little bbq sauce on them. 

prc19I.thumb.jpg.885df4e9d29da561fe5f9799f33dd699.jpg

prc19H.thumb.jpg.fda4b9d447100281633dc67f20059aed.jpg

Dinner was served with muffin top cornbread and a salted carmel brownie. 

prc19J.thumb.jpg.8904f280a5b77f0a9c8ff7b68a2e475d.jpg

Note: what's wrong with the prosciutto manufacturers? It costs enough you would think they could make that separator paper a little wider to save their customers some aggravation when trying to separate the prosciutto. 

Maybe I'm buying cheap prosciutto or maybe there's a trick to  separating the prosciutto I don't know about. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, ckreef said:

Note: what's wrong with the prosciutto manufacturers? It costs enough you would think they could make that separator paper a little wider to save their customers some aggravation when trying to separate the prosciutto. 

Maybe I'm buying cheap prosciutto or maybe there's a trick to  separating the prosciutto I don't know about. 

Here is a whole new rabbit hole for you to go down Charles: buy a decent meat slicer and buy whole cured cuts.  The cured cuts store almost indefinitely if you vacuum pack them each time you finish with them and, sliced fresh, the meat always tastes better.  And you are saving the world from silly waxed paper liners!  Win win.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Basher said:

Mmmm, pulled pork and caramel brownies for dinner.

Ckreef you might be onto something there. emoji23.png

My kids would love that dinner.

That butt looks very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my deserts B)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tekobo said:

Here is a whole new rabbit hole for you to go down Charles: buy a decent meat slicer and buy whole cured cuts.  The cured cuts store almost indefinitely if you vacuum pack them each time you finish with them and, sliced fresh, the meat always tastes better.  And you are saving the world from silly waxed paper liners!  Win win.  

(with my ears plugged) I'm not listening - na, na, na, na

LOL B)

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, tekobo said:

Oh man @Christinelynn... This is a good idea!  More meat hoarding for me!  :)

• Haha 1