Lance

16" Bambino no longer discontinued?

I thought it was discontinued from the line up, but now it's for sale again. 

Can someone please show me the inside of their bambino or maybe food being cooked on it.

It's only 2"inches shorter in diameter than the large bge. I  would love to see the inside.

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DennisLinkletter said:

I received so many emails from people wanting to order a 16" before they were discontinued, I changed my mind and put them back on the new website. I will just carry fewer of them then before.

Thanks Dennis...

14 hours ago, Lance said:

Thanks Jon b. For the pictures, just what I wanted to see. So it actually will cook on three levels correct?

@Lance  There are 2 cooking grates.  The lower one can be used, upside down - handles down, on top of the upper grate.   MacKenzie has some metal spacer bars, she uses to raise up and provide better support to the lower grate when used like that.  After she told me about her bars, I also made some, but rarely use them.  The upper grate is far enough from the fire for my cooking and I use the drip pan as a heat shield on the lower grate a lot.

I also have a 19" TT that I use for larger cooks.........but the 16" TT is my "go to" cooker for 90% of my meals.  Heats up quickly, uses very little charcoal, same excellent temp control.  Love that  cooker!!!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jon B. said:

@Lance  There are 2 cooking grates.  The lower one can be used, upside down - handles down, on top of the upper grate.   MacKenzie has some metal spacer bars, she uses to raise up and provide better support to the lower grate when used like that.  After she told me about her bars, I also made some, but rarely use them.  The upper grate is far enough from the fire for my cooking and I use the drip pan as a heat shield on the lower grate a lot.

I also have a 19" TT that I use for larger cooks.........but the 16" TT is my "go to" cooker for 90% of my meals.  Heats up quickly, uses very little charcoal, same excellent temp control.  Love that  cooker!!!!!!

so is the 16TT 16×16? I also sent you a message on your feed.

@Lance The grates in the smaller KK's are not square but "heart' shaped.   Here is a comparison of the 19TT to the 16TT.  https://komodokamado.com/pages/19-hi-cap-table-top-16-hi-cap-table-top

Looked for actual grate dimensions on the web site but could only find the area of the two grates 178 sq. in. and 156 sq. in.   I can measure them for you tonight if you would like. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon B. said:

@Lance The grates in the smaller KK's are not square but "heart' shaped.   Here is a comparison of the 19TT to the 16TT.  https://komodokamado.com/pages/19-hi-cap-table-top-16-hi-cap-table-top

Looked for actual grate dimensions on the web site but could only find the area of the two grates 178 sq. in. and 156 sq. in.   I can measure them for you tonight if you would like. 

That will be fine, thx. I'm basically trying to find out would it be beneficial for me to go from my large egg 18" to a 16TT For starters. And then add a 32bb later on down the line. 

The body of the egg, excluding the lid doesn't seem to be far off from the 16TT as far as measurements are concerned. It's really bigger than I thought. 

I talked with Dennis last year about one of these.  He said one could still order them but keeping stock around didn't make sense.  I don't think they were every fully stopped.  That said, more pictures please!  It's on my hmm, do I need one list?  Right now I have a KJ big Joe, L Green Egg, Joe Jr. and I think my next grills need to be matching.  If it's foot was closer to the size of a Joe Junior but with closer to the green egg in cooking surface that sounds like a winner to me!  I would assume charcoal burn would be closer to a Joe Junior given the insulation.  

13 hours ago, mstang1988 said:

I would assume charcoal burn would be closer to a Joe Junior given the insulation.  

@mstang1988

I have the Joe Jr. also and they are close in charcoal burn in warm weather but in cold winter weather the 16" KK is noticeably more efficient.  The 16" KK has a lot more cooking space than the round Joe Jr plus the higher dome space.  Much easier to maintain low & slow temps (200* - 250*) over longer time periods with the KK.    I like my Joe Jr. but love my 16" TT KK!!!!!!!!!!  

Edited by Jon B.
  • Like 1