Lance

16" Bambino no longer discontinued?

6 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

@ Lance, no it doesn't obstruct the air flow, here is a view from the inside wall opposite the front vent. The firebox rests on that lip you see running along the top of the pix. Lots of room for air flow.

1691472059_ViewfromBackofFireBox.thumb.jpg.6fdbf2a5664654ebb829de1f9fa3bfd0.jpg

@MacKenzie thx for the better view I appreciate it.

• Like 1

The plate on the 16 lump basket is a heat shield for the lower vent and does the same job as the vent shield in the bigger units. Also notice in the 16 version there isn't a separate fire box. The bottom of the grill is thicker incorporating the firebox in the main body. The bigger KK's have a separate set of firebox pieces that fit inside the Komodo base. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ckreef said:

The plate on the 16 lump basket is a heat shield for the lower vent and does the same job as the vent shield in the bigger units. Also notice in the 16 version there isn't a separate fire box. The bottom of the grill is thicker incorporating the firebox in the main body. The bigger KK's have a separate set of firebox pieces that fit inside the Komodo base. 

@ckreef so you're saying the floor of the 16 is very thick taking the place of the fire box in the bigger units? So therefore the side walls of the 16TT can hold it's own as far as the high heat concerned?

35 minutes ago, Lance said:

@ckreef so you're saying the floor of the 16 is very thick taking the place of the fire box in the bigger units? So therefore the side walls of the 16TT can hold it's own as far as the high heat concerned?

I'm not sure about the floor. It's the sides down in the firebox region.

On bigger KK's you have a body and two separate firebox pieces that wedge down into the body in the firebox region making an extra thick firebox.

On a 16 it's one unit that incorporates a thicker bottom area of the body to make a firebox. There isn't sperate firebox pieces. 

Both these picture show the firebox region just below the back serial number plate. 

19" with 2 firebox pieces that get wedged down in the body. Once set down in there, you are to never attempt to remove them. They basically become one unit. 

19firebox.thumb.jpg.f2492d4bc10c4a017d5b3189135e4b95.jpg

This the 16. No sperate pieces. That bottom lip is where the lump basket sits. 

16firebox.thumb.jpg.0dab3da79c628c623edc2414a48c5ca6.jpg

There is nothing to be concerned about. Both methods work fine for their respective sizes. If Dennis would have made separate firebox pieces in the 16 there would be very little room left for lump. I've had the 16 for a few years now with over 500 cooks on it. The 19 I've had for a couple less years and I'm probably just now getting up to 500 cooks on it. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, ckreef said:

I'm not sure about the floor. It's the sides down in the firebox region.

On bigger KK's you have a body and two separate firebox pieces that wedge down into the body in the firebox region making an extra thick firebox.

On a 16 it's one unit that incorporates a thicker bottom area of the body to make a firebox. There isn't sperate firebox pieces. 

Both these picture show the firebox region just below the back serial number plate. 

19" with 2 firebox pieces that get wedged down in the body. Once set down in there, you are to never attempt to remove them. They basically become one unit. 

19firebox.thumb.jpg.f2492d4bc10c4a017d5b3189135e4b95.jpg

This the 16. No sperate pieces. That bottom lip is where the lump basket sits. 

16firebox.thumb.jpg.0dab3da79c628c623edc2414a48c5ca6.jpg

There is nothing to be concerned about. Both methods work fine for their respective sizes. If Dennis would have made separate firebox pieces in the 16 there would be very little room left for lump. I've had the 16 for a few years now with over 500 cooks on it. The 19 I've had for a couple less years and I'm probably just now getting up to 500 cooks on it. 

@ckreef Well said, easy to be understood. Pictures says alot. Thx.

• Like 2