ChiKing

A perfect delivery day

Thank you all for such thoughtful and detailed responses to questions. Between you all and Dennis being awesome it was a no brainier to buy the KK. I think I ordered it Wednesday night and only days later, it arrived in perfect order. I am 3 hours in to the Curing process sitting at around 575 and just seeing if I get any off gassing. Everyone was good to give ideas on how to get it in and while it was not a big load in, I was still nervous. However, 1 hour, a quickly built ramp and 1 friend was all it took. Such an great experience

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_0432.jpg

• Like 13

4 hours ago, ChiKing said:

Thank you all for such thoughtful and detailed responses to questions. Between you all and Dennis being awesome it was a no brainier to buy the KK. I think I ordered it Wednesday night and only days later, it arrived in perfect order. I am 3 hours in to the Curing process sitting at around 575 and just seeing if I get any off gassing. Everyone was good to give ideas on how to get it in and while it was not a big load in, I was still nervous. However, 1 hour, a quickly built ramp and 1 friend was all it took. Such an great experience

Well that was quick! Congratulations. It's funny, when mine arrived, the crate gave me a lot of confidence that someone with attention to detail had thought it out - from taking the cover off with 4 screws, to the crowbar that was tucked in, to the panels that can be used for a ramp. I think after I got it in, I had a beer and just stood admiring it. First cook plan? Brisket?

• Like 1