Tyrus

Here's the Dilemma

51 minutes ago, tekobo said:

@tony b, your deck looks purdy.  Do you come straight out from your kitchen onto the deck?

Thanks! Yes, there are 2 doors actually. A conventional one from the kitchen - the KK is just feet from it, which is great in bad weather. And, there's a sliding patio door to the deck from the dining room. It's not very practical anymore because of the dog door insert, which takes up over a foot of the opening. Plus, in the summertime, the gazebo also gets a bit in the way.

@Tyrus - took me a while to find balusters that I liked. Didn't want the "traditional" look of wooden spindles. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Tyrus, those tomatoes are way ahead of mine, in fact we have a frost warning out for tonight and tomorrow night. We are not out of the woods yet. :(

I just planted my tomatoes/peppers/herbs yesterday morning. I'd had them under the gazebo most of the week and brought them out into the direct sun for a few hours each day to get them acclimated. We have a cool snap in the forecast here mid-week (low in the low 50s), but no where near frost. Thankfully!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Tyrus, those tomatoes are way ahead of mine

Raised inside where it was nice and warm then brought outside. These have been in for at least a couple of weeks. An old dog kennel around a raised bed, great for keeping out all the critters. Too, too many trees.

DSCF3031.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 2

Tekebo, the saga continues, under the deck I find it somewhat dark, Oh well, I'm sure it'll straighten itself out. This may take a while.

Looking good Tyrus. You filled that deck in a hurry.
Have a look at the LED lighting options available. They are unreal- low consumption and huge output. We recently lit a footy field- 140m diameter with a bank of 8 LED lights spread over two poles.
I must warn you though, looking at lights is a rabbit hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Never enough trees!

Too many trees makes the moss grow, cuts the sun shine out of my garden and they loom over you at 75 feet waiting to drop a branch on your head. Sure their nice, providing a cool shade on a summer day but, when a noreaster is passing through or a heavy snow starts to bend those branches your opinion might change. These red oak, white oak and maple are all older trees and have been spared the saw.......can't say that for 3 eastern white pines I recently took down. In college as a side job I cut cord wood for a local farmer, I cut a lot of timber.....today I have grown an appreciation for these tall giants, I look for balance and generally give in and let them have there space too. 

• Like 3

Sorry Mac no snow tires😒But it has a belt drive instead of a chain, plus an automatic or manual transmission with a push of a button and last but not least hydraulic brakes. It’s really fun to ride. My best friend made the saddle bags for it. 

Im going to close for now I just found out one of my best friends passed away yesterday.

• Sad 3

On 8/4/2020 at 7:27 PM, Bruce Pearson said:

I just got back from an e bike ride. They are so much fun. I have two e bikes I try to ride 5 days a week. 

Hey Bruce, bought a couple of Bikes myself. Great exercise and helps to get you out there. The hills disappear and they open many doors to adventure. The bike I have is called Lectric. They can be unlocked into class 3 which means 28 mph, best to do a few mods to compliment that. It has disc brakes not hydraulic though and can be folded in half for easy transportation. Great on bike trails laid out around scenic areas, enjoy and my condolences on your loss. Stay movin