Wingman505

Kamado Names

I am awaiting the shipment of our 23” Ultimate as I purchased coffee wood charcoal and all are going to ship together.  I think many of us are anxiously awaiting the KK coal.  I’m pretty excited to try it as I’ve never burned it before.   I’ve been thinking about names for our KKs and have decided on Cronos (32” BB) and Hestia (23” Ultimate).  😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I started by naming mine Fat Man and Little Boy after the famous atomic bombs of the Manhattan Project. But some folks thought I was making a political comment referring to certain politicians. So...now it’s down to “Bubba” and “Hey You.”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

You are leaving room for this family to grow. :) 

I love Greek mythology.  Hestia made a lot of sense as she's the goddess of the Hearth, Family, home, architecture, etc.  Cronos is her father and ruled during the Golden Age, so I liked the symbolism (Olive and Gold pebble).  I'm pretty simple.  Titans are big, the BB is big...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tekobo said:

I was challenged by a Jewish friend as to why I was getting two KKs.  I said one for meat and one for milk.  They naturally adopted their names - Meat and Milk.  

Now I have a hankering for a cheeseburger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When I received my KK  my daughter said that's a Colossus, and so it stuck.  I never think of the name so much when introducing it to an admirer but, it remains forever with it's christen name.  I believe my KK may be related to yours after hearing your chosen names. Yah, I think I'll have Colossus send out out a signal next time he's smoked up to Cronos and Hestia your New Greek companions.  And don't forget to wash em down down with a squirt of Windex like the they did in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, that'll cure everything.  Enjoy

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 5/28/2020 at 1:07 PM, tony b said:

Shahrazad. Captivating, mystical and you fall in love with her more with time. 

One of my favorite pieces, I listen to it often. The San Antonio Symphony did a glorious performance of it one night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1