HokieBen

Took the Plunge!

On 6/3/2020 at 7:42 PM, HokieBen said:

I have not received shipping confirmation yet. My grill is in stock in the CA warehouse so a week out per Dennis’ guess. 

Didn’t order any charcoal, this is what I picked up:

- Charcoal basket splitter (talked to Dennis and got a cool surprise. The splitter for the BB32 is now the same design as the 42 so it’s now even more flexible)

- Side tables with stainless tops

- Wide grill cover

Figured that was enough damage for now. There’s other accessories I’ll definitely be adding down the road. 

Ben - congrats on the purchase you won’t regret it. I will tell you though that after cooking on my KK fir 3 months now I’m in love with my spit rotisserie, as well as the pizza stone. They allow you to do so much with the KK

I also use the bed frame stoppers to hold my KK in place but it’s easy to roll it around if needed 

looking forward to your first few pics 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 2

Thanks @Troble! It’s on a truck right now East bound and down. Can’t wait. 

Pizza on a grill is something I have never done but is high on my list to start with the 32. My wife is gluten free so finding a good GF dough will be key but I see that as for sure something I’ll dive into. 

I’ve been working on my brisket game as well. I’m no Aaron Franklin by any means but I’m getting better with each run. Done 4 of those so far. Figured I’d cheat a bit and bring in the heavy artillery with the KK. 

Just finished up a little burger run tonight on my kamado, I still like this grill but the upgrade can’t get here soon enough!

• Like 4

On 6/4/2020 at 12:26 PM, Pequod said:

My 32 actually rolls much easier than my 23. My KK’s are also on the edge of the patio. I use these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07215FC8N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the great tip @Pequod! Got the stops in hand! Now I just need a KK to install them on... 🤦🏻‍♂️

161D102F-5BF2-4548-9603-DA47757F5A56.jpeg

• Like 3

Not long now! The anticipation and excitement is part of the journey, as agonising as it is, enjoy it!

Have you booked a day off for when it arrives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - you will definitely need the day off, it’s totally worth it!!

Thanks for the great tip [mention=2766]Pequod[/mention]! Got the stops in hand! Now I just need a KK to install them on...

161D102F-5BF2-4548-9603-DA47757F5A56.thumb.jpeg.c05d8b2dbe84adfefe658ea0de815446.jpeg

I received mine exactly the same time as you received yours. Can report that they fit perfectly, do the job, and look good.

• Like 1

roast a whole chicken. spatchcock it. season it with your favorite rub for chicken. direct heat on upper grate @ 350F. skin side up to start with. after 30 minutes, flip it over, bump the temp up to 400F to crisp up the skin, another 15 minutes. You'll be blown away.

• Like 2