HokieBen

Took the Plunge!

3 hours ago, Wingman505 said:

Jump on Costco and get the Kamado Joe big Block for $1/pound.  Best price I’ve seen and it ends in a few days.  

Still haven't seen my order yet?? Have you gotten yours? I ordered on the 8th. Costco website doesn't give a tracking number on my order, so I have no way to know where it is??

I use the same MAPP torch to light my grill, in combo with the FiAir blower. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5FS7HA

Edited by tony b

8 minutes ago, tony b said:

Still haven't seen my order yet?? Have you gotten yours? I ordered on the 8th. Costco website doesn't give a tracking number on my order, so I have no way to know where it is??

I use the same MAPP torch to light my grill, in combo with the FiAir blower. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5FS7HA

Mine was ordered on June 3rd and delivered June 8th.  I had a tracking number... you haven’t received a shipment email yet?

Nope! I just sent an email to their Customer Service department inquiring about the order. Will see what they say? :smt017

I didn’t hear a thing about my order until yesterday when out of the blue I received this:
“Due to the overwhelming response for this item, there has been a delay in fulfilling your order. Your order is now expected to ship the week of July 6th. Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email with tracking information.”
...so I wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Our shipper is Frontline Freight.  Your point about unforeseen delays is well taken though it doesn't make the wait any easier as I'm entirely Komodoless.  In the meantime I'm on Amazon daily looking for accessories the way parents do when they are expecting a baby.  So far, a bag of FOGO and Jealous Devil (for comparison purposes), a T pin for the burn-in and a Grillfloss tool.  Also need a container to store and sort charcoal and a bucket for cleaning up.  Would appreciate any other suggestions.  Thinking about lighter cubes for low and slow.  I've been using Light a Fire to lite my Argentinian grill and thought it might also work well for the KK.  Has anyone used?

How did you decide on the grillfloss?
I see several competing tools for that on Amazon and of course can’t decide which one will get the job done for me!

@KKash - I got the exact same email. Bugger! But, it's a good deal, so I'm content to wait for the delivery. It's not as I'm running out of charcoal or anything - LOL!

I love my grill floss. It works great and I don't worry about pesky brass bristles ending up in my food and causing ER visits. If you want the "cheap option" - just use a 3/8" open box wrench. You might not be able to get totally underneath the grate, but that part doesn't touch the food, so who cares???

On 6/20/2020 at 5:22 PM, KKash said:

How did you decide on the grillfloss?
I see several competing tools for that on Amazon and of course can’t decide which one will get the job done for me!

Some of the forum members liked it so I figured it was worth a try

• Like 1