Antonio Colmenares

My first Rostisere Chicken

Nice results. Would have liked to seen a picture of it cooking in the KK. Dennis uses them in the Instagram account. 

@Longhorn203 - only device of it's kind on the market. Not perfect, but it works well enough most of the time. I'd recommend the MEATER + over the basic model. It has better range. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've used mine multiple times on rotisserie cooks and haven't seen any problems with the temperatures. There's a scored line on the probe that they tell you must be inserted into the meat up to that point to protect the internal circuits/battery. Plus, there's an "alarm" setting in the software to warn you if the probe is being exposed to too high a heat level. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tony b said:

I've used mine multiple times on rotisserie cooks and haven't seen any problems with the temperatures. There's a scored line on the probe that they tell you must be inserted into the meat up to that point to protect the internal circuits/battery. Plus, there's an "alarm" setting in the software to warn you if the probe is being exposed to too high a heat level. 

This helps with my decision.  Thanks Tony.  I want one for sure.  I’m going to get the extended range.

Edit: Purchased.

Edited by Wingman505
  • Thanks 1

Great looking chicken! I bought 2 meater + probes a couple weeks back and have cooked pork ribs, whole chickens, brisket, steak etc with them and they work perfectly. Can’t wait for my 32 to get here so I can try them out with it. My vision is being able to set the 32 at the temp I want and not having to worry about anymore adjustments and just monitor internal meat temp. With my current kamado I can do long cooks but I know around the 5-6 hour mark my ambient will start to move and I have to adjust airflow. I shouldn’t have this issue with the new beast. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HokieBen said:

With my current kamado I can do long cooks but I know around the 5-6 hour mark my ambient will start to move and I have to adjust airflow. I shouldn’t have this issue with the new beast.

No, you won't have that problem anymore!

• Like 1

I know I'll get in trouble Antonio but, taking a second look at your bird makes me think if you might have been a photographer for Playboy....just the way the background fades out and your subject remains sharp'.  Gotta love that roto, it's hypnotic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2