Thanks all.  The fact that we now have somewhere to sit near the KKs and Argentinian BBQ is great.  People can help out and I can be part of the conversation as opposed to having to scurry round the corner to cook.  Moving the KKs round to their new position means friends sitting around don't interfere with direct access to the grills and I can move easily between the Argentinian BBQ, the storage underneath it and the KKs.  I am so happy we paid attention to sorting out our outside space this year.

@Steve M, that float is still in Roy's garage.  He is a keen fisherman and brought us a nice trout the other week.  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Tucker said:

really like the table between the two KK's, great idea.

Thanks @Tucker.  We are really pleased with the bridging table.  We asked the chippie to finish it like he would have for a yacht so we can leave it outdoors through the summer.  The only big fail on this reno was the "bespoke" cover that I had made for both KKs.  Shapeless disaster and probably too difficult to handle on a wet winter's day in any case.  Thinking I will dismantle the centre table in the winter and get wings to store under individual KK covers instead. And no, that string at the bottom right does NOT work for tightening things up.  The fabric is so stiff that you would shred your hands long before you got any decent gathers. 

IMG_6620.thumb.jpeg.19c8062f9256e267b2f1fefeba66b7ee.jpeg