DiegoQnBrew

Bronze 32 BB in SD

Hey all,

First post! After many years of looking, I finally pulled the trigger and got the Bronze 32 BB delivered to San Diego today. Pictures attached. Everything about the delivery was first class, and the ramp provided was great. It took about an hour from crate being dropped off to get the 32 into it's spot in the backyard (daisy chained two 4x8' plywood). Rolled super easily on the plywood.

Can't thank you enough for building a truly world class product Dennis!

Best,

Bryan

BB1.jpg

BB2.jpg

bb3.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! That's Dennis' left short SS cabinet. Incredibly well made! Fits all my charcoal, accessories, and tools. 

First cook is tonight. Gonna go with lamb ribs (dry rub plus occasional sauce basting), and a burger on request for my neighbor who cut the plywood for me for move in. 

I love it, and honestly it's awesome just to look at in the backyard!

• Like 3

Man, I'm seriously jealous right now. My 32 is in transit now somewhere in the Midwest probably. It's scheduled to get to the terminal on the east coast this Mon so I'm like a week behind you. Please post some pics so I can live vicariously through them and make it through the next week LOL!!!

• Like 2

Lillie's sauce is the BEST! I would highly recommend Lillie's gold sauce for things like pork butts and ribs. It's my go to and people usually flip out when they haven't had it before.

I ordered up the Autumn Harvest Gold Flake 32, it's kinda orange-ish in color. Here's a pic from the website before it was taken down...

E17960C0-4A9A-4EFC-A3D7-58A4658EAB45.png

• Like 2

Thanks, really excited to see it in person. 

Quick question that I've been thinking about for my upcoming delivery and you just went through it. I know you take the crate top and use it for a ramp, got that part. My question is will the KK roll off any of the 4 sides of the crate OR is there one specific side for rolling it off? I'm wondering because I don't want to position the crate in a way where the side it rolls off is blocked by something. 

Hopefully this question makes sense. Thanks in advance for the info!

• Like 1

First Cook... Fantastic!!!

Super easy to get going. Used the splitter, but put a little too much charcoal as i was hoping to keep it at 250, but it stayed around 290. Regardless pulled it off earlier and results were great. Used Dennis’ wood chips, and the smoke flavor was great! 

341A12F6-B683-46D8-A771-B421A69ABB11.jpeg

42F0A906-8C11-44D2-9D40-26B5092C1D36.jpeg

D7A53ABE-B0C2-4A46-81D3-932D92455E64.jpeg

• Like 11

Welcome to the Obsession! You're already up and running hot, straight and normal! Nice lamb ribs. 

Don't fret overfilling the basket - just means less to add for the next cook. As you found out, being a tad off on target temps is no catastrophe. As we tell newbs here - DON'T CHASE THE TEMPERATURES!  Take some time (with more of that yummy looking IPA) and learn your vent settings. Start just barely off the seat (should be around 225F - 250F), let it stabilize, then give about an 1/8 of a turn, see where it ends up. Keep doing that until you start to get a feel for how the KK responds to airflow. This is very repeatable. Don't worry too much about the lower vent. Just make sure it's open enough to supply the combustion air (not very sensitive). 

Next, you'll be ready for the burn-in. 

• Like 3

While I grew up in Laguna, my family was from SD. My great grandparents lived inside Mission Bay, third house from the jetty. My great grandfather had a large pharmacy in the gaslight district during the depression. My grandfather Art grew up in SD and went to San Diego State where he was the center and captain on the SDSU basketball team which won the state championships.  

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.