HokieBen

BB 32 Part Question

Thanks for those details, I've noticed those SS plugs as well. I was wondering if my 32 will have those newer features on them. The pictures from the website when I purchased didn't show either the cold smoke port or the SS plugs so I'm hoping they're both included. We'll find out soon I guess. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wingman505 said:

They used to be silicone plugs, but are now the SS and you insert a plug when the probe is in place.

Would you mind posting a picture. I've having trouble visualize how they work. The silicon plug has a slit in it for the wires. How many wires can you run through the new plug? Do you have any problem with the wires getting kinked by the screwing action of inserting the new plugs? 

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, tony b said:

Would you mind posting a picture. I've having trouble visualize how they work. The silicon plug has a slit in it for the wires. How many wires can you run through the new plug? Do you have any problem with the wires getting kinked by the screwing action of inserting the new plugs? 

Thanks in advance!

The threaded SS are removed when using probes.  You remove them, then use the silicone plug as normal.  You can see the Threaded SS ones in AJR's photo set within his delivery thread.  :)

I think the improvements are the SS are more secure when not using probes and they reduce another unwanted air intake path when probes aren’t in use.

Edited by Wingman505
  • Like 1

That makes a WHOLE lot more sense than just replacing the silicone ones with SS, which I was struggling to figure out how you'd make that work? Turns out to be another great Dennis enhancement. Too bad it's not able to be retrofitted to the older KKs. I've lost several silicone plugs unknowingly - they got pulled out when I removed the cover. Good thing Dennis gives us lots of spares! And, yes, I've had times when I had a jet of smoke pouring out the silicone plug when it wasn't in use with probes, usually when I'm running the Guru fan.