Wingman505

Clean & Protect

Hey everyone.  I have a bit of an auto detailing obsession that keeps me busy.  I have more money in chemicals, towels, polishers, pads, etc. than I care to admit.  One way to realize more value out of a lot of these products is to find alternate uses for them in other areas of my life such as around the house, etc.  I just used Adams CS3 on my KK and it worked amazingly well.  It is a triple action, premium product that cleans, shines, and protects auto surfaces including paint, chrome, glass, plastics, etc.  It  contains ceramics that are MUCH more durable and resistant to temperature.  It’s also streak free and designed to work on glass so those of you with glass tile KKs can use it confidently - it won’t cloud your tiles, or leave a hazy film.  I’ve read that people like to wax their KKs, but natural carnauba wax has a melting point of approximately 180-187 degrees.  Once you fire up your KK and get it hot, the wax is gone.  Give this product a try. It’s a spray on, wipe off product that performs very, very well.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adams-cs3

Edited by Wingman505
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When you first posted about this product @Wingman505 I tried to find an equivalent in the UK.  Then I stopped looking because I thought it was a bit ridiculous given I don't worry about getting our car shiny, let alone our KKs.  Now you are drawing me in...

I would like to give my KKs a "service" before I send them to their new homes and I did wonder about finishing them with a product like the one you recommended.  What do you think about this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-G190526EU-Hybrid-Ceramic-768ml/dp/B07N9DZ673/ref=pd_ybh_a_32?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DFH559J59RWZS21ZRAZY ?

• Like 1

@tekobo, the Meguiars product is perfect for the way you intend to use it.  The CS3 has cleaning & shine agents in addition to the silica dioxide protection element.  CS3 isnt going to cut through any substantial crud.  It provides lubrication and lifts particles off of the surface so you may wipe them away without scratching.  The Meguiars is what detailer call a last step product (LSP).  You mentioned you plan to “finish” with the Hybrid Spray Wax and that exactly how you should use it.  Clean and dry the exterior first, then use that LSP.  If you have a microfiber towel you can use, I’d suggest that for the final wipe down.

The benefit of the silica dioxide is primarily protection longevity and shine.  This product will protect against UV and water better and longer than a spray wax or traditional paste wax.  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’re very welcome @AJR.  Please let me know how it beads/repels water if you happen to see it rained upon.  I’ve been using it as well, but haven’t had a chance to see the hydrophobic properties on the grill.  It’s amazing on automotive paint.

if you ever want to use it on your vehicles, let me know.  I can give you some good tips so you can minimize scratching/marring.  😊

• Like 2