tekobo

Getting my Goat - Not?

Sooo.  I was up super early and watched and waited for the ship to move on my online picture.  At about 0715 I headed out because I thought the ship would have to get underway soon to make its 0800 berth at Southampton.  I watched a beautiful sun rise out of medium thick fog but my ship didn't come by.  In fact, 6 hours later it is still out at sea, where it has been for the last few days with its ETA still showing at 0800 this morning.  Looking at the Southampton Docks list of arrivals, that record shows the MOL Treasure coming in at 2245 today.  I won't be hanging around the sea front that late but I am hopeful that this means my KKs will make it to dry land today and over to me next week.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 6

Fingers crossed tekobo, that your new KK’s make it to you next week!

It sounds like it was a worthwhile endeavour, getting out to see that beautiful sun rise, regardless of the ship being there or not.

Can’t wait to see the arrival pics, I’m getting butterflies in my stomach for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ooh - I did feel your frustration - I checked where the boat was first thing this morning and saw that it had moved even further from Southampton and was hiding behind the Isle of Wight.

Must have been like waking up on Xmas morning all excited. -   only to be told that actually it's still Xmas Eve.

The fruits are forbidden at the moment but that will only make them sweeter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RokDok said:

Must have been like waking up on Xmas morning all excited. -   only to be told that actually it's still Xmas Eve.

To be fair, if three KK's were dropped down your chimney courtesy of Santa, you'd be waking up in the middle of the night, not on Xmas morning! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RokDok said:

Ooh - I did feel your frustration - I checked where the boat was first thing this morning and saw that it had moved even further from Southampton and was hiding behind the Isle of Wight.

The fruits are forbidden at the moment but that will only make them sweeter.

Have you escalated to the harbour master and explained the personal impact this has on you? :-) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I have had such a fun day.  Well, I lie.  Most of the day was spent negotiating a contract but that was bookended by fun experiences.  It was nice to be by the sea first thing this morning.  No ship sighting but I did get to see the fenced off part of Southsea Common, made so to protect migrating Brent Geese.  How they know to stop off and rest in the fenced area I don't know but I spotted a few geese nestled into the grass on my way past.  

We had just finished dinner with wine this evening when I saw that my ship was on the move.  I hopped on my bike and rode up to the sea front.  What a contrast with this morning.  Aside from the lights on ships and the harbour lights, the whole area was pitch black.  The Husband coached me about what to look out for - white lights at either end of the vessel and a steady green light in the middle.  Nothing to see here.  I think the ship had gone past by the time I got there.  Looking online I see it is making its way into Southampton dock now.  

What an adventure!  I had hoped to be able to share photographs with you but I can only share my excitement at a)getting out of the house to see sights that I often miss and b) getting an understanding of what it takes to get our stuff delivered.  I was fed up with waiting for my ship to dock.  Imagine what it is like to work on a container ship, hanging around for days going nowhere and then finally being admitted to port.  

Will wait to hear about the path through customs and onto a truck and over to me. What fun, fun, fun.  Yes, @alimac23 it is a great feeling.  Dan the Man who helped to offload my first two KKs bust his Achilles heel about two months ago.  He will be back with his crew to help get these three unloaded.  He says he wouldn't miss it for the world.  Neither would I.  :cheer::reindeer::rr:

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

That is fantastic news from Dan the Man. Not about his Achilles heel but the fact that he's keen to be there for the delivery. :smt060

Yes!  Dan is super reliable.  He will likely be on crutches but he has promised help from Trusty Rusty and his brother.

6 hours ago, Paul said:

So @tekobo can you now officially say "your ship has came in!?"

Congrats! 

Tee hee.  Yes, my ship has indeed come in.  For others with deliveries to Southampton, I found this site to gave the most reliable information as the ship homed in on the port: http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sovsroc said:

Great news @tekobo i have not posted much lately i have been very busy in a deep love affair with my KK XXXXXX

But really good news for you, i have questions after you get them settled in (is it a pack / herd or something else of kk's)

I am over the moon with my KK

Sovs

Thanks Sovs.  It's great to hear that you are in love with your KK.  That is no excuse for not posting though.  In fact, it should be the opposite.  New peeps with new insights into KK magic are what keep us all going.  Pics, pics and more pix please!

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 5

So.  This might be a lousy idea but I am putting it out there for your thoughts. 

My KKs may be "devanned" on Tuesday next week and may be delivered to me on Thursday.  I have a camera on a tripod and I could rig it up to share the unboxing with you, my KK friends.  Time zones could be a problem as could getting the internet connection to work reliably outdoors but I thought maybe a zoom meeting that you could dial in to to see the new arrivals could be nice for those of you waiting for a KK and others who just want to be nosy.  I don't want to post a public link on the forum but do direct message me if you are interested and I will update you when I know more about timing and feasibility.

• Like 3