BARDSLJR

July 4th, 2020: Mammoth Beef Plate Ribs

Tony, Interesting that you brought up the "jerk" seasoning...I had to look it up on the DizzyPig website, and yes, they do characterize it as "jerk style seasoning". I have great respect for Chris and his talent at putting together rubs and spice mixes, but I am used to using Budda Browne's Jerk Seasoning when I do try to do jerk, and I don't think they are at all similar. I still like the Firewalk a lot as a spice blend, but I wouldn't think of it as "jerk".

I have to correct the record. I was trying to use up odds and ends of my DizzyPig rubs, and I said I used half Dizzy Dust and half Jamaican Firewalk. Sorry, it was "Crossroads"- their "classic barbecue" and "Swamp Venom", one of their hotter rubs, made with cayenne, cumin, sage, african bird pepper, and more. I thought it worked great on the babyback ribs- added a little bit of extra kick that complemented the applewood smoke and natural sweetness of the pork perfectly.

• Like 1