Luke

Suckling pig on an Ultimate 23"?

Hi @Luke. Funnily enough I have a combination of a 23KK and a suckling pig at the moment.  I didn't go for it whole.  The piggy weighed about 10kg and the main loin piece in the middle is about 16"/40.5cm long.  Main reason for not attempting it whole is because we cannot gather in the numbers required to eat it.  Good luck.  Hopefully someone who has attempted a whole one will come along with more detail.  Here is how mine was butchered.  We have had two legs so far and they have been delicious.

IMG_7609D.thumb.jpeg.146a0eb9a9144ec105d86946707d290d.jpeg

IMG_7654D.thumb.jpeg.8a479582d436adea4f1e97b214c97a16.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks@tekobo! I found one place in Florida that sells suckling pigs, 2-6 weeks old and less than 10lbs:

https://meatnbone.com/products/cochinillo

I inquired about these and they wrote:

The package for the suckling pig measures 13” x 10” approximately. Once open... It's a bit hard to measure the exact length, but it usually fits the Big Green Egg (large size).

I'm looking for a local source of suckling pig, but if I can't find one that small, I will probably go down the same path you did with a small pig.

I have the exact same Cobalt blue pebble coming in a few weeks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Welcome to the cobalt blue pebble party!  

That company's description of measuring a suckling pig reminds me of when I wanted to measure our cats for some long forgotten reason.  The Husband pointed out that they have variable geometry and wished me luck.  :-) 

I guess it will be easy to cut it up if it doesn't fit but at 13" long you shouldn't have any trouble at all.  My little joint was actually cooked on my 21 and, as you can see, there was lots of room to spare. 

• Like 1