Tyrus

Another Grill ?

Oh yah! This particular bad boy of the Santa Maria persuasion is quality, high tech and a pleasure to cook on. Like the KK it was made with features that standout against other competitors and separate the distance between them. For instance, an effortless geared cranking mechanism attached to a SS wheel that moves the surface grates up and down with ease and stops where you leave it without moving....no brake, one hand, the other can hold your beer. Three 3/8 in removable 304 SS grates sitting on a secure rack that doesn't move side to side...sound familiar. An insulated fire box. An immense SS rotisserie with a capacity of 80 lbs. A designed system to pull out the fire box plate for cleaning using the rack lifting unit capable of lifting 800 lbs. Folding side tables on three sides and heavy duty support wheels. Like the KK the quality goes in before the name goes on. Did I say it was a pleasure to cook on? It is.  I saw this grill which was just offered this spring to the market at an up scale BBQ store........instantly it drew me in like a moth to the light. It's Called the Hooray Grill and it's manufactured in Kansas. Some may be familiar with the Hooray ranch which offers duck and pheasant hunting' You tube has a few video's, one on the tech and the other tailgating at a KC Chiefs game and another with the owner and Brett Farve cooking. For me it's all about the cooking, showing our guests a good time and providing a comforting distraction........ain't that what it's all about. Pull up a high chair and see what's cookin. Hope I didn't ruffle any feathers, consider it another tool in the box, I for one always appreciate a good tool.

DSCF3078.JPG

DSCF3060.JPG

DSCF3068 (1).JPG

DSCF3067 (1).JPG

DSCF3075.JPG

• Like 6

What a beauty. It looks really well engineered too.  You are going to have fun with this new grill, congratulations.

Allow me a little fun too.  Is your wife still occupying the shelter you built for the KKs originally?  No matter, it looks like your new shelter is very well positioned to keep you in touch with the guests while giving you the space to focus on grilling and drinking beer.   

• Like 3

If you must know Tekebo the wife has squatters rights and I can't get in but I'm happy where I'm at. Yes I do like cooking on it Mac, it's very magnetic and people gather around it. Place a chimney of coals down and a few splits and it provides the atmosphere. 

• Like 4

If you must know Tekebo the wife has squatters rights and I can't get in but I'm happy where I'm at. Yes I do like cooking on it Mac, it's very magnetic and people gather around it. Place a chimney of coals down and a few splits and it provides the atmosphere. 

I can see the downside on KK cooking is that you build this beautiful fire, then shut the lid so no one can see it. It does make for delicious- and mysterious food to the unknowing observer.
We are all drawn to water and fire.
No doubt that new grill is complimentary in many fronts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3