MassimoDG

Hello from Italy

Hello All, I'm Massimo from Italy.
My Big Bad 32 is on the boat, now crossing the Indian Ocean. I'm waiting to arrive in Italy in two weeks ....

Welcome, it is exciting times. Looking forward to your new arrival. You know we love arrival pixs and are looking forward to seeing lots of pix.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MassimoDG said:

At the beginning I thought to get the cobalt blue. I was trying to imagine it like a "sculpture" in my patio. Then I chose the "classic" matte black, because black matches better with the colors of my house.

Hello Massimo.  Welcome.  I did get two KKs in cobalt blue and they are a work of art.  I am now selling them to two friends and they are sooo happy to be getting these pieces of Gaudi-esque art to grace their gardens.  I hope they will cook on them too.  Like you, the "classic" black does appeal to me for my future KKs.  I look forward to seeing your new KK in situ. 

Where are you in Piemonte?  We visited for the first time last year and enjoyed our time near Dogliani. Lots of good restaurants in the surrounding hills and also in Serralunga d'Alba.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tekobo said:

Hello Massimo.  Welcome.  I did get two KKs in cobalt blue and they are a work of art.  I am now selling them to two friends and they are sooo happy to be getting these pieces of Gaudi-esque art to grace their gardens.  I hope they will cook on them too.  Like you, the "classic" black does appeal to me for my future KKs.  I look forward to seeing your new KK in situ. 

Where are you in Piemonte?  We visited for the first time last year and enjoyed our time near Dogliani. Lots of good restaurants in the surrounding hills and also in Serralunga d'Alba.  

Hi tekobo, I live in Fossano, very close to Dogliani and Serralunga! Langhe are so beatifull and here we have a very good wine. There are a lot of good restaurants too. Sure, soon I will show all of you my new KK in my patio!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Interested to see what Italian dishes and influence come out of your KK, looking for you to blaze the trail and pass some secrets along. 

Hi tyrus, I‘ve learnt the barbecuing studing american books, like Steven Raichlen, Meathead etc ... In Italy we are used to grill on a simple grate or on a spit... but I think we can cook everything on a KK. Now I have to learn to use my new KK, then  maybe I will try to .... blaze the trail ....😀😜

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, MassimoDG said:

Hi tekobo, I live in Fossano, very close to Dogliani and Serralunga! Langhe are so beatifull and here we have a very good wine. There are a lot of good restaurants too. Sure, soon I will show all of you my new KK in my patio!

I look forward to it.  A KK in Italia!  Style and a lot of substance. 

Yes, you have very good wine.  We visit Serralunga d'Alba every year to go to Vinoteca Centro Storico and Il Flauto Magico - good food, good atmosphere and good wine.  What more could you want?  We discovered La Coccinella when we came to stay in Piemonte last year and absolutely loved the food and the vibe.  You now owe me some restaurant recommendations for my post COVID return. Ciao.

• Haha 1