kravnh

Space needed for KK in outdoor kitchen

Hello everyone,

We are building a pool/lanai and outdoor kitchen. It will be a fairly simple thing: an L-shape, with one side against the back wall of my garage, and the L extending out from the wall, to serve as a bar. The 8 feet of counter space against the wall of my garage is to be split, to allow space for my 23" Ultimate. I was hoping someone here can tell me how much space I need between sections of countertop to accommodate my KK. I need space for my OneGrill rotisserie motor. I see on the product page for the 23" Ultimate, that the total width is 30". The rotisserie motor bracket extends 1.5" from the side of the KK, and the OneGrill motor is 2" wide. What I am not sure of, is if I need to add that width to the 30" and make a gap of 34.5" to 35", or if that 30" width is at the wheels, and I can go with a smaller, say 31" gap. 

;TLDR version is: What size gap between sections do I need to fit a 23" Ultimate with rotisserie motor attached?

Thank you all for your help!

Keith

• Like 1

Looks like the KK is 26" wide (not including any mounting brackets etc.), If you go to the main KK site, Dennis has the line drawings in the pictures of the 23" (last one).

Another thing to watch for is the dimensions with the lid open (37") vs with the lid closed (31"~32.25" depending on handle incl or not.)

The link below takes you directly to the 23" line drawing with dimensions.

KK drawing with dimensions

Regards.

• Like 1

So, it looks like the 30" width at the feet is wider than the middle, even with rotisserie motor attached. I think I'll add a couple inches on either side, go with a 34" opening. Depth isn't as important a concern, as the KK will just roll into the space, and nothing will be in front of it. Thanks for drawing and advice.