Wilsonj

How do you cook smashed burgers ? Is there a griddle ?

Yes, nice idea. I struggle to apply pressure sometimes with the flip I use. And then meat gets caught in the holes sometimes too. No such trouble with this.

Thanks

Cheers
Jamie

They work so well, they’re also amazing for cooking bacon, put that on top of the bacon in the pan, and it pushes it down and gets it nice and crispy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 10:19 PM, Bruce Pearson said:

Welcome to the forum Wilson! If you do get the KK23 you will be a happy man they are not only the best KKs made but are works of art! And believe they are so much more impressive when they arrive. The pictures are great but up close and personal they are awesome!

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've never seen one in the flesh, but I could only imagine. I might have to wait a little, as I believe Dennis is quite busy with orders.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Jamie

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 2:21 AM, Tucker said:

I use the round steel from this site.

it is all flat on one side and the other is flat with a trench around the perimeter.

https://shop.bakingsteel.com/

I now have a santa-maria grill w/ 1/2 of it flat.

Hi Tucker,

Thanks for the link. Looks very interesting.  Hate to think what shipping to Australia might cost though!

I wonder what the pros and cons are on cooking Pizza on steel as apposed to more traditional stone ?

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Tucker,
Thanks for the link. Looks very interesting.  Hate to think what shipping to Australia might cost though!
I wonder what the pros and cons are on cooking Pizza on steel as apposed to more traditional stone ?

Cheers
Jamie

Hey Wilson, where about in Australia are you?

Just now, alimac23 said:

Ah cool, I’m over in Perth!

Tracking the shipping and delivery of your KK is one of the best parts, definitely tests how much patience you have haha.

OK nice. Don't think there are many owners in SA. At least I haven't come across any on forums.

Yeah, I'm always tracking "toys". Although it isn't quite as much fun at the moment, due to shipping delays...