Tyrus

Knotty Pine Storage and a Spin

Had some old lumber and an idea for a piece of real estate off the cooking area that was exposed to the weather. This two draw unit was built for waist high use and ease of accessibility.  Storage down below for red oak splits or whatever hard wood around and an asphalt shingle roof to keep it dry. Plenty of space and some mods will be adapted for end use later...still a work in progress. Fits well in it's wooded area.  The pic on the spin is from a spoon roast or sirloin, marinated in Stubbs Beef marinade overnight and later basted with the same. This I found was a tasty mariade and in the end added a nice color to the meat. And also a pic of my solo stove, cause everyone has one.

DSCF3142.JPG

DSCF3143 (1).JPG

DSCF3125 (1).JPG

DSCF3128 (1).JPG

DSCF3135 (1).JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks Mac, living on the edge but always in control. See my daughter with a cookie in one hand and her phone in the other, the house could be burning...it wouldn't matter.  Toney, the pit is lined with 4 inch refractory on the base and 3 inch on the sides, so yah, metal ain't a problem. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tyrus said:

DSCF3142.JPG

DSCF3128 (1).JPG

That's really good storage @Tyrus.  I am jealous here.  I have to crawl into an old coal cellar under our house to retrieve the wood for our solo stove.  And what a fire you have there.  You must have laughed out loud you read my post, trying to persuade you to buy a solo stove.

Your dog looks super fit.  What's his name?  I remember you saying you used to have a dog called Tyrus. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tekobo said:

I have to crawl into an old coal cellar

Sounds spooky,  I don't like crawling amongst the spiders so this solved an issue having small splits clean and dry nearby the Santa Maria. Gidget and Garrett are Irish Jacks....if you ever had one you know they have a ton of energy. The pit does use a bit more fuel than a Solo Stove but, the affect is huge, long lasting and continuous. As for Tyrus, well, he's waiting for me elsewhere, we'll catch up later...