RokDok

Good Evening from Sydling St Nicholas UK

What did you think of your KK when you saw it?  Keen to get your first impressions @RokDok.

Looking at the photo of your KK on the truck I got a sinking feeling.  I might be partially responsible for your plight.  When my KKs were being delivered I asked that the handler should not "double pallet" them i.e. not put a further pallet under the one that arrives with the KK from Indonesia.  This was so that the integral ramp would work correctly.  In practice they did double pallet it and we had to use our own ramp system instead to get the right slope to unmount the KK.  I see that your KK was not double palleted.  You are using the same forwarding company and, after my feedback, Dave will likely have told the delivery folk not to insert a second pallet underneath the KK.  I think that if they had inserted the second pallet underneath it would have been a more standard UK pallet and their standard pallet truck would have worked.  I explain all of this not as an act of self flagellation but so that others do not end up with the same issue.  Let them put a second pallet under your KK and focus on getting it off using a ramp of your own construction.   

Here is to Monday!

• Like 2

Yes @tekobo, when I first saw it I thought - Great just the one pallet as I'd read that its easier to get it off a single pallet.

The thing is, it would have been fork lifted on to the lorry - I don't think they even considered that their pallet trolley wouldn't work.

Dave didn't tell them not to use second pallet- but he's telling them to use one now !!

So absolutely no need for self-flagellation.

Anyway, Mrs RokDok and I have got loads of on-line learning to do over the next few days as we are now both going to be brought back into harness to help- in a small way- with Covid.

So in a way, it's not so bad...

Still it would have been nice to have looked up from the laptop to see it on the patio.

First impressions - Mrs RD "it's big isn't it".

Mine : the packing is amazingly well thought through, so cleverly done, I only saw a bare foot - but it is a really beautiful piece of work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tony b said:

Are you not worried about it being unprotected (uncrated) in the back of that delivery truck. I'd hate for it to show up on Monday and something had banged into it and busted some tiles! 

Tony, I am quite.

The driver was really rattled by his boss on the phone and wouldn't wait for the crate to be put back on.

I did ask him what the situation would be if it was damaged and he said it would be the responsibility of the delivery company.

To be fair - it's not going to roll off the pallet and it is incredibly well protected with bubble wrap.

I did feel a bit sorry for him.

I wasn't cross with him at all - just a bit deflated.

• Like 2

I know now what "blue balls" are - I had to google that one.

It's not here yet - it's a couple of hours late and it's getting dark here.

I've disconnected the gas bottles to the house and tucked them out of the way - the path is cleared, hedges trimmed, ply put on the gravel next to the path just in case we slip off.

Had the oil tanker blocking the road for a bit but that has gone now.

I did say this was a like waiting for the birth of my first child.

This is torture - can't even get the forceps out to hurry things up a bit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2