RokDok

Good Evening from Sydling St Nicholas UK

58 minutes ago, RokDok said:

Scary bit here - the tailgate wobbles quite a bit.

That part freaked me out on my first delivery. Well, now you have it under your control so it has to feel better than before when you were at the mercy of someone else. Congratulations on the new arrival! 

Progressing nicely.

Everything unpacked from the crate now.

Baking stones etc in there garage. 

Did start to worry - thinking how is everything I ordered going to fit in here - have they forgotten the tables ?

Of course they hadn't !

It's on a double pallet, so going to have to make a secondary ramp.

It's not going to be slid off like this !

IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

• Like 8

@Paul - Ha the first cook is a little way off yet.

So we extended the ramp with some ply and supported it underneath with concrete slabs.

Once I'd knocked the central box to bits and unsecured / crowbarred off the bits of wood restraining the feet it started to move a bit.

We put a rope around the KK and tied the other end to Mrs RD as we gently manoeuvred it down the slope we'd made.

Any one else find this a bit scary ??

IMG_2209.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

[mention=2879]Paul[/mention] - Ha the first cook is a little way off yet.
So we extended the ramp with some ply and supported it underneath with concrete slabs.
Once I'd knocked the central box to bits and unsecured / crowbarred off the bits of wood restraining the feet it started to move a bit.
We put a rope around the KK and tied the other end to Mrs RD as we gently manoeuvred it down the slope we'd made.
IMG_2209.thumb.JPG.b6728b5114555ffb05846ed60c21101a.JPG
@RokDok, This is the stuff nightmares are made of. I’m really hoping for a single pallet upon my delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

We got it through the hedge fine and then down the path between the two lawns, but we thought it safer to do the leapfrogging plywood trick alongside the house - I'dedisconnected the gas supply and moved the cylinders but the connection to the house was a bit proud and the house is built of stone and lumps of flint that also protrude.

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

• Like 3

Now rolled it along the back of the house into position on the flagstones.

Most importantly getting some glasses and a bottle of the 10.2% Matt Black Stout to toast its arrival.

Cheers !!

Still loads to unwrap but that's enough for today - I need to do some other bits and pieces

IMG_2214.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2226.JPG

• Like 8

That's the pub behind us by the way.

Couple of pictures of it in position , one from outside and one from inside.

Many thanks to folk on the forum who have inspired and advised.

Truly wonderful bit of kit !!

I'm going to wait for a dry, bright day for the burn in and first cook, meanwhile have to unwrap and figure out what all the extra thing are.

IMG_2233.JPG

IMG_2236.JPG

IMG_2240.JPG

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, RokDok said:

IMG_2236.JPG

This is a great view.  All your fun stuff within easy reach.  I like the way the KK sits right in, just like you always planned for it to be there.  Congratulations!

@BOC, don't sweat the ramp.  If you end up with a double pallet I would abandon the ramp that comes with the KK and use a longer piece of ply, supported by planks or bricks along the slope, to create a longer gradient to roll it down.  Says she who got other people to do that while she played with her new KKs as they rolled off the nice ramp that they built...

Back to Mr and Mrs RD :smt038:cheer:🍻

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RokDok said:

I'm not a betting man but I'd wager good money that Mrs RD would definitely fit within the group who 'finds this a bit scary'.  🙂

• Haha 2