Troble

Whole Hog

Sit the pig in the racing style...feet under the belly and fronts extended. I used Kosmo's Q pork original injection in the front, rears and along the loin. Any problem with the head for room just lop it off and so with the the front pads. Oil the skin and cook around 250-75 to the 7 or 8 hr point and check for temp in front shoulder. Best yet is to have a probe there. Your going to need something below to catch all the dripping. If you can leave the head on it makes well for presentation and don't forget the Aluminum foil  for cover around the ears and nose. Does the 32 have a top split grate? Anyhow your going to want to pull the pig off whole so, think of a safe design to enable you to achieve this if the grates are split. Above all don't worry, a cook this long gives you ample time to adjust and compensate...and from what I've seen of your cooks I expect nothing less than perfection. Yes, good luck, and don't forget about the aroma carrying around the area...an unexpected variable drawing attention that can't be avoided.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2