sovsroc

Good Morning From Reading U.K.

25 minutes ago, sovsroc said:

Got the team ready to go here are some pics you lovely lot. We had 1 shirker in pic 2 always 1 🤣

Dark now so i will finish with some help tomorrow morning.

Very pleased so far 😁despite the driver nearly leaving because the pallet got stuck between the main gates broken English "Boss say i have to go" quick phone call then we cracked on even getting 1 neighbor and another lorry driver to help :)

How exciting :-) It looks brilliant even still in it's packaging...

Edited by Sir Bill
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Braai-Q said:

I've had a busy week. Then I come on here and find out that you wrestled it from the Somali pirates! 

Looking forward to the grand reveal. 

I assume the goat is in the garden already?

Pirates dealt with ☠️

I have cunningly lured our son out of bed early with the promise of a bacon sandwich and whatever steak he would like for next weekend, so we can release the Beast off of the pallets.I did not want to attempt it on my own.

As far as the Goat goes Helper number 3 (see pic 2) is looking very guilty and full !

Edited by sovsroc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well while i am awaiting some daylight here are some more pics......

I don't want to say what everyone else has said but.... this is indeed a Bentley compared to any other car manufacture (insert lawsuit here)

pic 4 shows a problem i had not looked out for, a added pallet N.B.Ask the delivery driver to off load the KK before he leaves i don't think it clearly shows how high this was now off the ground my son in pic's 10 + 11 is around 20stone and he was slipping on the ply as we offloaded her.

Whew the cabinet should be a breeze 💨

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2401.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sovsroc said:

Well while i am awaiting some daylight here are some more pics......

I don't want to say what everyone else has said but.... this is indeed a Bentley compared to any other car manufacture (insert lawsuit here)

pic 4 shows a problem i had not looked out for, a added pallet N.B.Ask the delivery driver to off load the KK before he leaves i don't think it clearly shows how high this was now off the ground my son in pic's 10 + 11 is around 20stone and he was slipping on the ply as we offloaded her.

Whew the cabinet should be a breeze 💨

IMG_2397.jpg

Fabulous. Had you already agreed who was going to 'run into fire' and act as the human shield if the KK got away from you? Corner of the house and the garden wall would be my first thought. Particularly with the extra gradient offered by the additional pallet. I think the ominous skid tells a story....your son didn't ship with ABS from factory huh? 😀

Once you get it on the wheels and off the ply and on a horizontal surface, it makes it so much easier. You almost forget the suffering that preceded that moment of euphoria. When you get the second one to go with it, it's going to be a piece of cake.

I remember one of the first things when my 32 turned up and I was putting the grills in - those grates are heavy, I can only imagine what the 42 must be like. Watch your fingers!

Enjoy your unpacking and first cook.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, sovsroc said:

Burn in complete i think just over 4 hours at 500 -530 i did not see any tiles raise and only when i moved the lid to close it down did i hear a venting but could not see where from solvent smell not there... now what to cook for the first one ?

so impressed with the temp control.

I'd vote a brisket for the first cook or you could go the whole hog, literally. 

• Like 3