Jman

Rotiserri fix

Hi there - loving my big bad almost 2 years on!

i finally got at round to have a crack at the rotisserie - all seemed fine until I realised toward the end of my cook  that the rod had popped out.

I’m not sure if this is something I messed up (assume it is) but wondering how’d I’d go about fixing as well as how to ensure it doesn’t pop out, again.

I’ve been running it without weight for the last 30min and it’s staying in so hoping it was a once off.

any suggestions thoughts welcome. With luck Anything I’ve damaged is fixable. 

Regards John

00ECCA60-B8D0-406C-9831-F43D88718559.jpeg

A3164A47-B485-4026-830D-A911294B8308.jpeg

That end  of the roti  spit is adjustable. If you look closely there is a  round nut with flat sides right before the square part of the rod. Turn the round part with  some vice-grips or pliers and it will loosen. Adjust the length so that when the left spring loaded plate is compressed the shaft just clears the body on the right and goes into the drive socket.

The spit and cradle are adjusted the same..

• Like 2

Dennis, the video is helpful.  I received my roti spit for my 22" supreme recently, but have a couple of problems:

1. The left hand side shaft does not fit in the socket.  The shaft head is flat but the socket has a protruding point. (see pictures)
  2. The left hand side shaft is not adjustable.

Am I missing something?

image2.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Edited by slbb

1) The sleeve has a spring loaded plate.. the point means nothing. It might have dirt in it if it does not move. Just bang it a few  times with something, it definitely moves.

2)  Unscrew the round shaft to adjust length and then turn the small round nut with flat side tight against the square part to lock.

nut.jpg

• Like 1