BOC

Hello from Michigan

I don’t work in manufacturing, but I do work in analytics, so I am very impressed by the availability of information. Although impressed, I probably should have never looked...closing on day 4 at anchor just outside of port. Likely a couple weeks through customs, a couple more to get to me from the other side of the country. Maybe my first cook will have to be pastrami just in time for my St Patty’s day corned beef fix.

Mmmmmmm pastrami.

8e8aa5a8a3da43629c6e439644b3b638.jpg
c7737eec2022aa22cccb7218b4f53d55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BOC said:

Likely a couple weeks through customs, a couple more to get to me from the other side of the country.

Yes!  The information that is available is just amazing isn't it?  Good to manage your expectations with four weeks of contingency but I know that in your heart of hearts you are hoping your KK will make it to you in less time.  Me too!  Looking forward to seeing that gorgeous vibrant blue KK in situ.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BOC said:

I don’t work in manufacturing, but I do work in analytics, so I am very impressed by the availability of information. Although impressed, I probably should have never looked...closing on day 4 at anchor just outside of port. Likely a couple weeks through customs, a couple more to get to me from the other side of the country. Maybe my first cook will have to be pastrami just in time for my St Patty’s day corned beef fix.

Mmmmmmm pastrami.

8e8aa5a8a3da43629c6e439644b3b638.jpg
c7737eec2022aa22cccb7218b4f53d55.jpg

It's like Norad's Santa tracker. But for adults. And better. 

• Haha 5

@BOC

I see your KK is sitting in the harbor with my KK. It is terrible to watch the ship sit there moored going in circles and the draught stay at -13 m. My patience is being tested. Yesterday I bought way too many BBQ books and a brisket knife. I swear the longer I have to wait the more money I am going to spend. I am going to go broke at this rate!! What is your first cook going to be?

Edited by SilverSuzieQue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SilverSuzieQue said:

I swear the longer I have to wait the more money I am going to spend. I am going to go broke at this rate!!

Just wait! Some of the folks on this site have this weird superpower where they can make you spend money.

• Haha 4

Yesterday I bought way too many BBQ books and a brisket knife. I swear the longer I have to wait the more money I am going to spend.

I hate to be the one to tell you but that's not going to change once your cooker is delivered.

There will always be more cookbooks, specialized ingredients, new tools etc etc. Other forum members antagonizing you to buy this/that doesn't help haha. It's a good thing though. The experiences are priceless and so are the fruits of your labor

J.

• Like 2

[mention=3675]BOC[/mention]
I see your KK is sitting in the harbor with my KK. It is terrible to watch the ship sit there moored going in circles and the draught stay at -13 m. My patience is being tested. Yesterday I bought way too many BBQ books and a brisket knife. I swear the longer I have to wait the more money I am going to spend. I am going to go broke at this rate!! What is your first cook going to be?

Not much different here. Got a custom knife coming...will certainly share on the knife string when received in a couple of weeks (20cv stainless). Got one for my wife too so she can do as she wishes with hers since we have some differing opinions on upkeep also bought a fire board pro...plan to get a pit bull from guru for the fan down the road if needed. My retail therapy is done for now.

My first cook kind of depends on when I receive it. I still have to put the pavers in it’s permanent home and that will be sometime in March/April depending on when spring hits here. If I just get it before St Patty’s, it’ll be Pastrami. If I get it before probably brisket, and chicken wings...but I’ll be itching to give the rotisserie and early work out too. What’s your plan for first cook?

• Like 2

@BOC as a fellow mate waiting for their grill I thought I would share a little more about my grill's journey. After the entire shipping voyage my grill finally got shipped hooray and excitement. Then if you haven't been watching Pacific Northwest weather (I don't blame you if you don't) Mother Nature has had her way. First there was a heavy snow storm over the mountains it has to travel so my grill rested some more in the sunny climes of California extending its journey. I make my appointment for delivery and Mother Nature strikes again! Freezing rain where I live! So many trees are down and there are 250,000 people without power. I had to evacuate to a hotel with heat  90 miles south of my home. I really am hoping that I can take delivery Monday however it would not surprise me if I am going to have to delay another day! Would love to hear if your grill is home and the rest of its journey.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hasn’t arrived yet. I received the email Thursday that it had shipped, called to schedule delivery but they said it was in consolidations so I couldn’t schedule it yet. Expecting a call to schedule this week. Looks like it left CA and will arrive in Michigan 2/22, then estimated delivery is 2/24, so I’ll get it sometime then or just after once I am able to schedule.

I think mine was left on the truckload for a few extra days and it finally unloaded earlier this week. Have a bit of box count discrepancy I’m working through as well. The staff advised 37 boxes and one crate but the BOL daisy one crate and 27 boxes. Dennis’s team is working to sort it so I know exactly what to expect.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 8:11 AM, BOC said:

Hasn’t arrived yet. I received the email Thursday that it had shipped, called to schedule delivery but they said it was in consolidations so I couldn’t schedule it yet. Expecting a call to schedule this week. Looks like it left CA and will arrive in Michigan 2/22, then estimated delivery is 2/24, so I’ll get it sometime then or just after once I am able to schedule.

I think mine was left on the truckload for a few extra days and it finally unloaded earlier this week. Have a bit of box count discrepancy I’m working through as well. The staff advised 37 boxes and one crate but the BOL daisy one crate and 27 boxes. Dennis’s team is working to sort it so I know exactly what to expect.

@BOC mine arrived yours should be close! It exceeds all my expectations! It is gorgeous and amazing!

• Like 1