AAAsh

Side Tables - Yes or No?

Hi Folks - I am about to place my order for a BB32. Trying to decide if I should order the side tables or instead go with a separate cabinet like this. I am leaning towards the cabinet as it will also provide a good location to store all my accessories. Additionally, I don't really use the side tables on my existing grill (Weber Summit S-670) as anything stored there gets quite warm.

Would appreciate some advice/tips.

Thanks,

Ash

• Like 1

Aaash you won’t have to worry about items getting too hot beside your KK.
Choice will depend on the location of your KK.
If you can fit the cupboards in, take the cupboard.
If not, I use the shelves all the time for shuffling food in an out, bbq gloves, plates, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unlike your previous Weber, things on the KK side tables don’t get particularly warm even during a high temp pizza cook. While the cabinet is a great idea for storage, unless it is in very close proximity to your grill I imagine work flow would suffer without at least one side table (probe temp monitor, tongs, baste, beverage(s), etc.). 

My 23 has side tables while my 16 (which I use much more often) does not. Even with a work surface directly behind me for the 16, I am often looking for a place to put something on while cooking on it.

My advice is to think through your work process, then decide. But don’t let the Weber experience influence your decision as it just isn’t relevant. Best wishes on your new KK whichever you decide.

• Like 1

Depending on how far away from the Kitchen you are, both table and sides are a good idea.

I am awaiting on my grill and ordered both, as i was thinking great storage near the grill with the table Top made up with stone for Pizza making or prep work.

Side tables for ease, Beer, Controller, tongs, ect.

My Grill has just gone past @tekobo neck of the woods, on its way to the Netherlands then back to Southampton 🙂

Soooooo close.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 2:50 PM, jonj said:

Unlike your previous Weber, things on the KK side tables don’t get particularly warm even during a high temp pizza cook. While the cabinet is a great idea for storage, unless it is in very close proximity to your grill I imagine work flow would suffer without at least one side table (probe temp monitor, tongs, baste, beverage(s), etc.). 

My 23 has side tables while my 16 (which I use much more often) does not. Even with a work surface directly behind me for the 16, I am often looking for a place to put something on while cooking on it.

My advice is to think through your work process, then decide. But don’t let the Weber experience influence your decision as it just isn’t relevant. Best wishes on your new KK whichever you decide.

Great news I hate warm Beer 🤣

On 11/3/2020 at 4:12 AM, AAAsh said:

Thinking I will go with the cabinet. I can have it close by and I also prefer the grill being more streamlined.

I agree with you @AAAsh about wanting the grill to look more streamlined.  Does the cabinet have wheels?  You could wheel it up to the KK when you need it.  Or you could get one that has a cut out that snuggles up to the KK if that looks good to you.  Whatever you do, a cabinet is essential for keeping everything that you need close at hand.  

1 hour ago, sovsroc said:

My Grill has just gone past @tekobo neck of the woods, on its way to the Netherlands then back to Southampton 🙂

You confused me there @sovsroc.  I live about 30 minutes' drive from Southampton and wondered why your KK was going via Southampton to the Netherlands and back.  Guessing your grill is close to Nigeria, my home country, rather than Southampton.

For my part, I am still waiting.  My KKs didn't get to leave Singapore last week.  The agent in the UK guesses it was due to storms at the weekend. Either way they are now due to set off on their journey on 8 November.  The Husband and I laugh whenever anyone says their build/[insert any other project of your choice] will be done by Christmas.  I am still saying my KKs will be here by Christmas and I promise to laugh when they arrive.  

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, tekobo said:

You confused me there @sovsroc.  I live about 30 minutes' drive from Southampton and wondered why your KK was going via Southampton to the Netherlands and back.  Guessing your grill is close to Nigeria, my home country, rather than Southampton.

No it literally went past Southampton on its way to Rotterdam (shipping routes or just to frustrate me) then it will go back to dock at Southampton,I was really hoping you might try a bit of Piracy ☠️ for me @tekobo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have both the side tables and a cabinet. I think the side shelves Come in handy when cooking to hold all kinds of things not only food and tools but a drink or my a ThermoWorks digital thermometers one lead tells the temp at the grill and one tells the temp of your cook, or if you use a digi que.  sorry the picture is sideways1BE7EF7B-3C3B-4D66-8876-EA83F1FC02D6.thumb.jpeg.198fedfff3a6f15141d85ddda9412b16.jpeg

• Like 5

On 11/6/2020 at 7:18 AM, Bruce Pearson said:

I have both the side tables and a cabinet. I think the side shelves Come in handy when cooking to hold all kinds of things not only food and tools but a drink or my a ThermoWorks digital thermometers one lead tells the temp at the grill and one tells the temp of your cook, or if you use a digi que.  sorry the picture is sideways1BE7EF7B-3C3B-4D66-8876-EA83F1FC02D6.thumb.jpeg.198fedfff3a6f15141d85ddda9412b16.jpeg

Bruce, your set up looks great and We are looking into getting something that is as stylish as your set up. Can you tell me which cabinet that is from the website and my biggest question is can you fit all of the accessories in there? my biggest concern of course would be can you put all of the grates that come with your 32 on the shelves? Also, are the shelves slide outs? I would love to see pics of it opened up and see what the storage looks like. Of course the last question, if I may be impertinent is the cost of the cabinet.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2020 at 9:18 PM, Bruce Pearson said:

This is the type of setup that I am planning, although the cabinet will need to be bit shorter (1,200mm). I am somewhat restricted on space, which is why I was considering a cabinet (storage and work area) vs just the side tables. All these tough decisions 😛!!

Can the side tables be used while the roti motor is attached?

• Like 1

Hello Boom Boom. My cabinet was custom built by Dennis crew and it fits all my extras. The shelves do slide out in fact I think my cabinet is the first one to have pull out shelves. If you decide to order a cabinet your best bet is to talk to Dennis, he is such a great guy and can answer all you questions. I have attached a few more pictures of how I have my stuff stored in it.

993D06AF-3005-4C19-80EC-E55D59E47EE5.jpeg

0A29B80C-49C3-4CF8-9692-8CAAEDD1B3F9.jpeg

EBE6B45A-567A-4854-AA3A-E05E32DBBB21.jpeg

751A75A2-EF5B-4F81-A988-FFBF25CCF00E.jpeg

8B768759-5049-4A49-9595-7FD66317D5D3.jpeg

7BCD90D4-F7E7-49D3-B5DE-887531F1255B.jpeg

1C880750-2242-450B-A529-E471DE371BA5.jpeg

11307453-09A5-482C-8BB3-D3EE76EDAC62.jpeg

1A14BF57-66AE-4623-9D99-28164649B90D.jpeg

156E8F49-5369-41BD-8F99-35A05C104F37.jpeg

• Like 7