Bucky96

Best Fan to pair with Fireboard?

I am very interested in this answer too as I am debating about getting a fireboard2 and have a 23 inch KK as well.
Thanks in advance to those who respond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ended up going with the 10 CFM Pit Viper from bbq guru. Used it with the FB last night and it was awesome. Really quiet and efficient.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just ordered my 32" Big Bad and am looking or accessories, so excuse my ignorance... BBQ Guru offers a WIFI enabled setup for the KK's.  https://bbqguru.com/storenav/gurucookerguide?DeviceModelId=104&kitId=489  Is the FireBoard a better setup?

I use a FireBoard and Pit Bull from BBQ guru when using a fan control. I have a 32” so I went with the pit bull over viper but I don’t think I needed it. The viper would have done the trick as well. It always stays within 5-10 of target temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I have been looking into this for the last week. My 23" Ultimate is being delivered tomorrow. I think that the Fireboard 2 Drive is the best choice. You don't need a separate cable to attach the fan as is required with the Fireboard 2. I originally wanted to use the Billows fan from ThermoWorks but there is an issue with connecting it to the Fireboard 2 Drive. The connection cable is different , barrel vs USB type C. I tried to find an adapter or cable to get it to connect but the power for the connecter is directional and flows the wrong direction. I have purchased Fireboards fan and I'm currently trying to get the nozzle for the fan connected. The reason I preferer the Fireboard is the app that runs the system. It is much better than any other that I've looked at. The options to set the fan max speed to a percentage from 0-100% is one thing that's great. The open lid detector and fan shut off helps prevent flair ups. The ability to set the amount of time from shut off until the fan restarts help prevent overheating. You can add pictures of you cooking sessions. There are more things, but these are the most important to me. Hope this helps in some way.

Happy smoking