Boom Boom

First short ribs on new 32

These beef short ribs came from a side of beef that we just bought. The last side we got from this farmer was amazing but we didn’t get short ribs last year. The rub is just salt, pepper and garlic. We will be using apple wood for a mild smoke flavor. 2d0e3e726036de3492bc13175fa71b20.jpg

I’ll let you know how it goes. afa0a0de4a9f24caeac616f2ba80c1fe.jpg

c5770349cc14d3de0f96a31ad2615e7a.jpg

cdee93053656bacfc2bae3d0d045b638.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

Gotta say, those ribs look pretty darn good. How much of that was KK and how much was Boom Boom? Nah, just keep it under your hat.

That's the beauty of our passion, all the credit goes to the cook. I'm going with Boom Boom.

But, you should taste my Japanese A5 wagyu.  

• Like 2

True and I knew that to be the case. Your well on your way Boom Boom, and there is no finish line to cross in this race. Steve, if I were a betting man, and I am, just ask Tekebo...I'd wager nobody is going to even get within 5 feet of that steak. Maybe I'd capture a bit of the aroma but taste would be left to the imagination.

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2020 at 8:19 AM, Steve M said:

That's the beauty of our passion, all the credit goes to the cook. I'm going with Boom Boom.

But, you should taste my Japanese A5 wagyu.  

One of these days I will pull the trigger on getting some A5 Wagyu. I better sell more product at work and get a big commission check for that to happen. 

38 minutes ago, Boom Boom said:

One of these days I will pull the trigger on getting some A5 Wagyu. I better sell more product at work and get a big commission check for that to happen. 

I was joking but it is pretty dang tasty. The only one I've done was a brisket flat - essentially 4.5 lbs of flavor.