tekobo

Look no further for your Christmas present wish list!

7 hours ago, jeffshoaf said:

Yup, I'm still happy with the Creami. I'm partially blaming it for my regaining half of the forty pounds I lost. I created a very simple recipe that the creami turns into one of the best non-meat things I've ever eaten: one 15 oz can of peaches in natural juice, one 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk, dash of cinnamon. Freeze overnight, process in the Creami on "ice cream" mode, add 3 graham crackers and processed in the Creami on "mix-in" mode.

It ain't healthy but it's very tasty!

@jeffshoaf do you find ice crystals in the mix often? do you find to need to respin a few more times to get the consistency you want? thanks! 🙏 

15 hours ago, David Chang said:

@jeffshoaf do you find ice crystals in the mix often? do you find to need to respin a few more times to get the consistency you want? thanks! 🙏 

I've not had problems with ice crystals in the mix, but the machine does leave a thin layer of unprocessed frozen stuff on the sides of the container with some recipes; if you scrape some of that off when scooping. I've also had a few times when I used real sugar and didn't get it dissolved well before freezing - the frozen sugar crystals didn't get ground up during processing and could be mistaken for ice crystals.

Full fat/full sugar recipes generally don't require a re-spin, especially if you do a mix-in. Adding a bit a liquid before a re-spin tends to cut down on the additional re-spins. I processed a container of Torani coconut syrup and half-and-half with 1/8 teaspoon of guar gum last week: past attempts with this recipe required several re-spins even with a splash of half-and-half, but based on a tip I saw on a Facebook Creami group, I ran a mix-in process instead of a re-spin without actually adding anything as a mix-in and it came out great.

I think freezer temperature has an affect on need for the re-spins as well; typically, the recipes that I've done that required a lot of re-spins were powdery and dry looking after the initial spin. I think the re-spin melts the mixture a bit and that adding a bit of liquid has a similar effect.

• Thanks 1