ckreef

It's Only One More

Yup I couldn't resist. The newly released PKGO. PK's latest addition, a table top version for camping or tailgating. Can be used as a single unit with a lid or used as two open top hibachi grills. Dual top and bottom vents. Even comes with a probe port in the back of the lid. 

Should make a great addition to the Travel Trailer. Had to try it out with a few quick burgers for lunch. 

pkgo1.thumb.jpg.d53e7353cb311521772829a32758aaf9.jpg

pkgo2.thumb.jpg.4b4eb9977aab2d0448f03060a036eabb.jpg

pkgo3.thumb.jpg.55d15dee6d80255baeb616272b9e2e93.jpg

pkgo4.thumb.jpg.a503a533487365ab74ea6df476f9b514.jpg

"Hi my name is Charles ........ I have a problem ........." 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, jonj said:

To be fair, I don’t think it is big enough to be counted as another whole grill. Maybe 1/2 or 3/4...

Under normal circumstances I might agree with you but the grate is 17" x 12" which is more than enough space for just me and Mrs skreef camp grilling. 

Definitely more usable space compared to my old Akorn Jr. and about the same usable space as my 16" KK. And I can actually carry this - LOL 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Those PK's are the grill most of y'all folks south of the Mason Dixon line prefer for competition steak cookoff.  Yep, a good camping grill there and when done you could just store it in the 23. Those grills date back to the 50's or 60's I recall.

1952 B)

For straight up grilling they are top of the class and the build quality is right up there. For low-n-slow....... Well I had 2 Boston Butts on the main grate of my 19" table top KK today. Just finished chunking the meat up. A chunk of the bigger butt (26 oz.) is vacuum sealed and in the freezer labeled Camping - St Augustine, FL - Christmas Break. 

Just needed charcoal searing while going camping to compliment my CampChef griddle/burner setup. 

B)

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tucker said:

with the lid closed, it looks like a alien smiling ;)

19 hours ago, ckreef said:

pkgo2.thumb.jpg.4b4eb9977aab2d0448f03060a036eabb.jpg

"Hi my name is Charles ........ I have a problem ........." 

Tee hee.  That alien's got a hold of Charles' wallet.  Looks like fun.  Waiting to hear your reason/excuse for your next grill purchase.  In the meantime, have fun - lots of fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, tekobo said:

Tee hee.  That alien's got a hold of Charles' wallet.  Looks like fun.  Waiting to hear your reason/excuse for your next grill purchase.  In the meantime, have fun - lots of fun. 

I swear this is my last one - LOL 

Of course Lang offset smokers is only a few hours drive from my house. Right down where we like to go camping... 

B)

• Haha 3

Mine arrived yesterday Charles.  Had to sneak it into the garage when no one was looking.   Told everyone it was for my son-in-law....except for him.  He has the big PK grill......but will share this one.  

A 1/4 steam pan fits nicely under the cooking grate and takes one side of the grill.  Perfect barrier for 2 zone cooking.

PKGO1.thumb.jpeg.96f2f9006692d5dbab2397b4e5820c9a.jpeg

PKGO2.thumb.jpeg.a3f0d853b37c230749556e465496dca3.jpeg.  

Edited by Jon B.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

@tekobo I have to admit that Charles is "good/bad" influence on me depending on how you look at it 😀.   I didn't see his post until today ........ So Charles cannot be blamed for this purchase. 

Like Charles, I have been looking for the perfect camping/boating charcoal grill.  One look at the PKGo and there was no choice...................  I HAD to have it!!!!!!

Now........ what I'm I going to do with the Acorn Jr., the Weber Char-Q, the Woodfire, the Cobb, the Joe Jr. and the Grillerette that I bought for use on the boat?????  Seeing that they have all been replaced by the new kid on the block.    

Maybe if @ckreef "is/was/will be" a bad influence.... I should buy a camper trailer so I can have a home for one of the above grills.  The boat will not share the PKGo!!!!!!!!  (joke...not happening)

Hi, my name is Jon.  I have a problem and it is not Charles fault. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 11/29/2020 at 12:16 PM, ckreef said:

Of course Lang offset smokers is only a few hours drive from my house.

Y'all gotta wait at least six weeks. That's what Mr. Ben Lang told me for mine. Maybe being a Georgia resident, well maybe that might shorten the distance.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jon B. said:

Now........ what I'm I going to do with the Acorn Jr., the Weber Char-Q, the Woodfire, the Cobb, the Joe Jr. and the Grillerette that I bought for use on the boat?????  Seeing that they have all been replaced by the new kid on the block.    

Maybe if @ckreef "is/was/will be" a bad influence.... I should buy a camper trailer so I can have a home for one of the above grills.  The boat will not share the PKGo!!!!!!!!  (joke...not happening)

Hi, my name is Jon.  I have a problem and it is not Charles fault. 

Hilarious!  

@Jon B.  When they were first announced (early October) I knew it was just a matter of time. Then a video was posted on Guru where I saw that awesome probe port and the hook was set. It just seemed like the perfect portable charcoal grill for camping (boating included).

I ordered mine Wednesday afternoon the day before Thanksgiving from Atlanta Grill Company. It arrived Friday afternoon the day after Thanksgiving. A record breaking delivery.

It will get it's true maiden voyage Christmas break on a trip to St Augustine. In the meantime I'm geting some practice runs on it. 

Seems great minds think alike. 

13 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Y'all gotta wait at least six weeks. That's what Mr. Ben Lang told me for mine. Maybe being a Georgia resident, well maybe that might shorten the distance.

So you ordered a Lang? If so which model. 

Just last month I was camping down there and drove right by Lang at 4 pm on a Thursday (they were open). I've been kicking myself ever since for not stopping in. No worries we'll be camping down there again next spring. 

I'm quite certain Mrs skreef was glad we didn't stop in at Lang. She does know it's on the list for stops next trip. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ckreef said:

@Jon B.  When they were first announced (early October) I knew it was just a matter of time. Then a video was posted on Guru where I saw that awesome probe port and the hook was set. It just seemed like the perfect portable charcoal grill for camping (boating included).

I ordered mine Wednesday afternoon the day before Thanksgiving from Atlanta Grill Company. It arrived Friday afternoon the day after Thanksgiving. A record breaking delivery.

It will get it's true maiden voyage Christmas break on a trip to St Augustine. In the meantime I'm geting some practice runs on it. 

Seems great minds think alike. 

I didn't see the early announcement but did see the video last week on Facebook and ordered the same day.   I was not joking about all the grills I bought over the years trying to find something that worked well on the boat.  Each had an advantage but none did everything that I needed.  I really do believe the PKGo will do 90% of my cooking needs. 

Plus I still have the other 6 portable cookers..............that I can bear to part with.......and yes........My name is Jon and I have a problem. 🙃

Going to do my first cook this weekend................before my family finds out about the new grill and has me committed 😬   

Edited by Jon B.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Jon B. said:

Beore my family finds out about the new grill and has me committed 😬   

I warned Mrs skreef it was coming sooner or later. She found out how serious I was when we got home Friday and it was sitting on the front porch - LOL. I think she's just about given up on trying to save me from my addiction. 

I do have my Primo Oval Jr cleaned up and ready to sell. I'm probably going to shed a tear or two when it finally goes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1