Troble

A Source of Cooking Inspiration

On 1/21/2022 at 6:37 AM, RokDok said:

You are a great salesman @Troble.

We have just booked our flights.

@RokDok no selling needed the pictures speak for themselves. I just spent a week in Austin this week on my company’s dime eating at nice restaurants with my customers getting “chefs tastings”….they didn’t hold a candle to what I eat in Valle de Guadalupe and they cost 2-3x more 

when you say you booked your flights where are you Gigi g into San Diego? When?

Hi @Troble,

Salesman was slightly tongue in cheek - there has been plenty of drooling over the pictures that you posted !

Mrs RD and I were having a cup of tea yesterday morning and thought it would be a good idea to go to Mexico.

Flights into Mexico were quite expensive but BA do a non-stop flight return Heathrow to San Diego for £340 - felt too good to miss.

We are out on 14th November and returning on 12th December.

We haven't any definite itinerary , but thought we might go across to El Paso, dropping down into Mexico there and heading for

Chihuahua. Get the train to Los Mochis and then the boat across to La Paz. Work our way up the Baja peninsular and then

check out some of the establishments you recommended.

There are also some beers that need sampling in SD  (according to @tony b), before heading home.

We travel very light - very small pack each, use local buses mainly, budget accommodation with the occasional treat - the treats will

probably come towards the end of the trip.

Back to Duolingo.

Best

RD