Troble

Everything is better with bacon

10 hours ago, Troble said:

In case you were ever wondering what a bacon wrapped alligator with a chicken in it's mouth looked like, now you know. 🐊

Would you give this a go? Anything is better with bacon, right?🥓

Photo credited to Alixmcalpine

8DBDD814-F4D3-457D-894B-DD65B02104C1.jpeg

In the UK, there is a dish called 'pigs in blankets' which are basically chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon and you place them around the turkey at Christmas. All the juices of the turkey blend in and they're utterly fabulous. This. This is that. But next level. 

Is it art or dinner though?

• Like 1

That’s a great photo Troble. I’ll call it art.
Every reptile skin has a ridiculous amount of bacteria all over it. I’ve eaten goanna, snake, crocodile, but always well prepared and definitely no skin in the cook.
The kamado dragon( very similar to a goanna but larger) hosts a nasty cocktail of this bacteria in their saliva and a bite can cause a painful death. Like a snake poison except being a bacteria, it multiplies.
I wouldn’t put a reptile skin anywhere near my KK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Braai-Q one of my buddies who lives in the Southeastern US posted this on Facebook from a BBQ group he’s in. I don’t know anything about gator, we don’t get that kind of meat where I live. Sharks are about as fearsome as we get 

@Basher I’ve tried alligator before at a Hooters in Florida when I was in 5th grade on a Disneyworld trip with my family and to this at I still remember telling my Dad it tasted like chicken strips. Im pretty sure that nobody ate gator skin photo is definitely altered, but good for a laugh nonetheless 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Troble said:

@Braai-Q one of my buddies who lives in the Southeastern US posted this on Facebook from a BBQ group he’s in. I don’t know anything about gator, we don’t get that kind of meat where I live. Sharks are about as fearsome as we get 

Quite a lot of those sort of meals are tourist focused. In Southern Africa, crocodile tail always earned you a certificate. It was always tail and sliced - either cured, smoked or grilled. Nothing remarkable about the flavour.

@Basher I’ve tried alligator before at a Hooters in Florida when I was in 5th grade on a Disneyworld trip with my family 

So much to unpack in that sentence! 😁

• Like 3

@jonj @Braai-Q totally agree! Who takes their kids to Hooters when they are 10? My brother was 6. My wife and I talk about this stuff, she’s amazed how I tuned out given my upbringing. I remember going to Marbella when I was 17 with my parents and my Dad complaining the whole time and wanting to eat at McDonalds all the time 

• Haha 1

@jonj @Braai-Q totally agree! Who takes their kids to Hooters when they are 10? My brother was 6. My wife and I talk about this stuff, she’s amazed how I tuned out given my upbringing. I remember going to Marbella when I was 17 with my parents and my Dad complaining the whole time and wanting to eat at McDonalds all the time 

No judgement, just amusement at the statement. 

• Like 1

I love it! You wouldn't be the person that you are without those experiences.  🤪