IndGrill

Hello from Silicon Valley

Hello folks. Long time admirer of KK and a visitor here on occasion. With all the extra time this year, have been visiting more frequently so it was time to join.

Not yet in the market for a KK but will get there I suppose. I am certainly interested in the charcoal buys in bay area so I will be watching for that.

Thank you Dennis and gang for a wonderful resource here and a very civil and welcoming forum.

• Like 6

Welcome! The above statement generally starts the countdown clock. The over/under is 4 months. :shock:

Maybe this will help push it over the edge more quickly . BigO bought one direct from Dennis, so unless it’s gotten action elsewhere it’s probably still there for the taking. Joking mostly, but may be a good opportunity to see one in the area as well as Bruce’s offer.

For Sale: KK 32" Big Bad in Dark Terra Cotta Blue located in SF Bay Area (Marin)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=53718&share_tid=10528&url=https://www.komodokamadoforum.com/index.php?/topic/10528-For-Sale%3A-KK-32%22-Big-Bad-in-Dark-Terra-Cotta-Blue-located-in-SF-Bay-Area-%28Marin%29&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, IndGrill said:

Hello folks. Long time admirer of KK and a visitor here on occasion. With all the extra time this year, have been visiting more frequently so it was time to join.

Not yet in the market for a KK but will get there I suppose. I am certainly interested in the charcoal buys in bay area so I will be watching for that.

Thank you Dennis and gang for a wonderful resource here and a very civil and welcoming forum.

Welcome. Any thoughts on size? If we're going to ensnare you, we might as well upsell you too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, IndGrill said:

Good to see there is no peer pressure here😁

This here is the reason Dennis doesn't need dealers. Everyone here is selling it for him. 

If I was buying, a 23 would be tops and pebbles over tiles. Guess now I have to pick a color.

Ha.  @tony b calls it The Obsession.  He would be even more accurate if he called us The Obsessives.  We gravitate towards the KK because it looks like it will help us with our known obsessions.  What no one warns you about are the new obsessions that you will develop as a result of owning a KK.  I spent yesterday evening cooking dinner on my new 32 and then finished off cooking three loaves of bread.  All on a dark, dank, night in the UK.  Now all I can think of is when I will do it again and what I can tweak to make it better.  Of the three loaves I am most pleased with this one.  Until you get your KK you can only imagine how nice it is to cut through that crust.  Welcome. To the Dark Side.

1370AEBB-3BFD-432E-8677-A9C6CF8F6F03.thumb.jpg.f38a17079949e43588ba03a09fd77e00.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tekobo said:

Ha.  @tony b calls it The Obsession.  He would be even more accurate if he called us The Obsessives.  We gravitate towards the KK because it looks like it will help us with our known obsessions.  What no one warns you about are the new obsessions that you will develop as a result of owning a KK.  I spent yesterday evening cooking dinner on my new 32 and then finished off cooking three loaves of bread.  All on a dark, dank, night in the UK.  Now all I can think of is when I will do it again and what I can tweak to make it better.  Of the three loaves I am most pleased with this one.  Until you get your KK you can only imagine how nice it is to cut through that crust.  Welcome. To the Dark Side.

1370AEBB-3BFD-432E-8677-A9C6CF8F6F03.thumb.jpg.f38a17079949e43588ba03a09fd77e00.jpg

Looks like you got some nice blisters. Did you use steam? The baking stone? What was the setup, temp, etc? We need deets. :smt023

3 hours ago, Pequod said:

Looks like you got some nice blisters. Did you use steam? The baking stone? What was the setup, temp, etc? We need deets. :smt023

Thanks Pequod.  Steam - yes.  Shop bought pizza stone - yes.  Temp - out of control at about 300C (it was late and I have not yet got the hang of the temperature settings for my 32).  Taste - delicious.  It was the kamut porridge loaf out of Tartine No 3 with an extra twist of soaking the kamut flakes in whey for a couple of days before making up the porridge.  Nuts - in a good way.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tekobo said:

What no one warns you about are the new obsessions that you will develop as a result of owning a KK.

Hah. Or the 'expensive friendships' you develop on this forum! I think the enjoyment of the KK is elevated by the like mindedness and spirit of this community. 

9 hours ago, tekobo said:

I spent yesterday evening cooking dinner on my new 32 and then finished off cooking three loaves of bread.  All on a dark, dank, night in the UK.  

It's -3 up in Suffolk and I did the roast chicken in the cradle. There was one point when I debated climbing in for a few rotations to keep warm. The temperatures are really testing my commitment at the moment. Admittedly, I was standing outside in flip flops but details schmetails.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I have a PK Grills classic currently and an M Grills M1s on order to replace it.  Moved between Singapore and Silicon Valley in the last few years so needed something that wouldnt rust and would withstand shipment multiple times. So PK was ideal for that . To a large extent that also influenced my M Grills purchase because we enjoyed living in Singapore and entertain ideas of going back sometime.

When do move again to singapore, I would order a KK 23 to give me the ultimate outdoor kitchen. 

Edited by IndGrill
  • Like 3