Tyrus

Ribs and chiken

Today was a cook on the KK approx 5 and 1/2 hrs long with temps ranging purposely from 225-275, all good. The ribs went on around 2 and the chicken breasts at around 4.  On the  ribs I had a Texas rub (homemade) and the other was dusted up with a Mississippi Grind, a recent purchase. I never got to taste the ribs because, I employed someone to work for me and as payment and he insisted on ribs vs any monetary payment. The final touch for saucing was something my wife brought home called Honey Aleppo Sauce, a purchase from Trader Joe's.  This sauce on a heat scale would come in at around a 4 on a scale of 10, but because of it's complexity you could bring it up some without destroying it's message. 50/50 with a mayo makes another good sandwich sauce. It provides a golden color to finish and works well with the meat as an ending. As I stated, it's unfortunate I couldn't taste the ribs, however I did eat the Chiken that was treated equally and so reluctantly passed those ribs on down the road. Featured is the large Coke colored paperweight with the base he made for me out of cherry on his lathe. (Shopsmith) The piece will be illuminated with a twinkling yellow led light to catch the eye.  Chiken and Ribs, it was a warm winter day...the time well spent.  A perfect fit all around

DSCF3293.JPG

DSCF3292.JPG

DSCF3295.JPG

DSCF3294.JPG

DSCF3296.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 4