Buzilo

32 question

@buzilo, I think you've got the answer on the other part of the thread.

I've only had my 32 a couple of weeks, but my first doubts of whether it would be impractical to just cook for two on a regular basis and that it would take a long time to heat up have been completely dismissed.

I'm just cooking with a quarter grate at the moment - I would be doing a low slow pork belly today but it's chucking down with rain and I haven't finished the burn in yet and probably need to regrout some tiny tears.

Last night it was just above freezing I used a quarter grate and lump wood charcoal., the topmost grate inverted so it was close to the coals and the half grate too.

Lit  2 very small areas with a map torch 30 seconds each with about another 30 seconds with the leaf blower.

So. a very small start.

left vent half open top 1 turn open.

25 minutes later the oven was at 280, seared a couple of steaks and cooked some tomatoes indirectly.

If I'd given it a few more minutes with the leaf blower it would no doubt have bee a lot quicker.

Best

RD

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, RokDok said:

If I'd given it a few more minutes with the leaf blower it would no doubt have bee a lot quicker.

You're right.  I usually only light one spot, maybe for 20s, but I keep the leaf blower on for longer (maybe up to a minute)  and return to do a follow up blow about ten minutes later.  Never fails.  

• Thanks 1