mstang1988

Put a 32” BB on Order, Joining the Club

Welcome @mstang1988!  I would say all of those considerations are things worth buying.  The one that some never seem to use is the double wall drip pan but I can see it coming in very handy for either catching juices or just stopping flare ups from fatty foods.  I am straining to remember what I picked for my matte black 32 and the only thing I did not get was the side shelves/wings.  

• Like 1

Welcome to the Obsession!

If you think that you will be doing any cold smoking, the smoker attachment is very nice to have for that. Other than that, your list is a good one. I have the double-walled drip pan but rarely use it, so if you hit a budget wall, that would be my suggestion to drop first.

In addition to the cocochar, see if Dennis has any coffee wood chunks and lump charcoal in stock. If so, add some to the pallet. Only way to get it in the US right now is on a pallet with the KK.

Congrats on the decision to invest mstang.
You may find the half grate useful if you like to reverse sear.
Set up searing grate in, close to the fire and bring your food to within 10% of desired temperature on the half grate- it sits much further from the flame.
You can then reverse sear your food without shuffling hot grates around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 12:57 PM, Forrest said:

I’m sure you could sale it on here to another member.

Forrest, you wouldn't be hoping to cash in on that would you?  just a little.  Where you going to store all that, well look no further...Dennis has some pretty nice teak and SS cabinets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2