remi

Incoming 32"BB to Melbourne, Australia

Hey Remi!

I’ve only just seen this thread now, I’ve been off the forum for a while as we had our second daughter 4 months ago now, so had my hands full with the two of them!

I’m over in Perth. I’ve got a 32BB too and absolutely love everything about it, it’s without doubt one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.

I’m also into brewing too, love your setup. I went the Grainfather G30 and G70 route, along with the glycol chiller and jacketed fermenters.

I’lol ask a friend of mine about charcoal and wood over your way, as he owns a business called BBQ’s of the world here in Perth, but a lot of his stuff comes from over east.

The rotisserie motor I bought is this one, it fits well and has worked flawlessly:

https://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.au/bbq-spit-rotisserie-motor-stainless-steel-10kg

Depending on how close the KK is to a Power point, you might want to consider something like the looftlighter, I’ve had mine for over 5 years now and it’s still going strong. It gets the charcoal up and running in minutes.

Fingers crossed your KK is making its way over, have you had an ETA yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Thanks for all the tips- that rotisserie motor looks like a good option (unless I decide to add Dennis' heavy duty version to the order). Frans, I may well give you a call closer to delivery to get your tips about any good products /ingredients you've sourced. available locally. Almost out of beer- so it is time to plan the next recipe for sure!

Thanks for all the tips- that rotisserie motor looks like a good option (unless I decide to add Dennis' heavy duty version to the order). Frans, I may well give you a call closer to delivery to get your tips about any good products /ingredients you've sourced. available locally. Almost out of beer- so it is time to plan the next recipe for sure!

About 10 of us from the local home brew club bottled 200 litres of gin barrel aged Berliner Weisse a few weekends back. I’ve got so much barrel aged beer at the moment.

e42f710c48826d10caac0b4189a39e24.jpg
3847fd364ff8cbc8f0fe7e3632548da2.jpg
94c708503feffd7f2b33c7e3ea634837.jpg
130dadacf1f10c760573b6af4e33f4dd.jpg
634c096ad5a75a41fe02190df168c4b3.jpg

Then yesterday, we done a case swap, so I’ve got 24 different beers to get through fairly soon, not a bad problem to have :)

• Like 6

Me, too! 

Dude, that's a LOT of beer to bottle.

Our club just finished swapping out the beer in our new bourbon barrel. The porter came out and the RIS just went back in for next year. I don't have my bottles of the porter yet, since the club isn't meeting face-to-face right now. Those that have tried it say it came out well. 

Me, too! 
Dude, that's a LOT of beer to bottle.
Our club just finished swapping out the beer in our new bourbon barrel. The porter came out and the RIS just went back in for next year. I don't have my bottles of the porter yet, since the club isn't meeting face-to-face right now. Those that have tried it say it came out well. 

Very nice indeed! I’m drinking a sour porter that went into the barrel nearly two years ago now, it’s been conditioning for a year and is tasting amazing :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alimac23 said:

Awesome remi!

Whilst you’re out buying the charcoal, don’t forget some adult drinks of choice, and something to cook during the burn in.

With 40L on tap at home, adult beverages are never a problem!

• Like 2