GrillnBrew

A KK in the hand is worth...

I did contact Dennis today, actually he called me after I opened the chat box.  I asked about timelines for the custom tiles he has on the website along with other questions about best grill size fit for me.  He agreed (as did many of you) the 32 would work well for me.  As for the tiles, he said there a quite a few back orders to fill from when the tile factory was closed due to Covid, so if I chose one of those custom colors, it would be mid-summer at the earliest before it could be shipped and delivered.  If I chose blue, it would be even longer since the demand for those is greater.   He does have a similar color grill that is supposed to show up in California late March, early April.  The colors are close, my wife really likes it as do I, but not quite as much as the autumn nebula.  A lot of what I've read from you guys, most everyone wished they jumped on board earlier than than they actually did, so I am trying to decide if it's worth the wait for that one perfect color.  Dennis also said that once he puts the autumn gold on Instagram and the website, it won't last very long, and I believe him.   Would you guys be happy with your (close) second choice of color if it meant you would be grilling on it 4 months earlier?  The grill is the one I can go ahead and buy now, and a close up of those tiles are the picture beneath the grill. The tiles to the right of the grill are what I was going to choose if I chose custom tiles. When I see them like this, there is really little difference.

image.thumb.png.7c40ea747f29f8186c653a456c0b23bd.pngDeposit - Custom Sorted Tiles for a 32" Big Bad - Autumn Nebula AN 02.02

0?ui=2&ik=a398f0ec07&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1692888148691586649&th=177e58cd4b3b0e59&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-QsNLxvxPoNPYP25PzISSv679xPNApo5CjGLMkj6IUmCr6fqDQI_G7ZYgi88p5sZ-E3jwNc1ghfR2ZXKGjL1devrd36AW18uAr3Xap3Zf9xZEln9zKtqvuzVg&disp=emb

• Like 4

Hi @GrillnBrew, when I chose the colours for my KK Dennis had a number of batches of different autumn nebula tiles for me to choose from. I spent hours poring over them and made a careful and deliberate choice for my 16 and my 23.  The truth is, now that they are here, I cannot really tell the difference between the two or between any other options that I may have chosen.  The colour is gorgeous and fits right in with the rest of the garden.  

I also think that the benefit of a tile colour like this is that you won't need to match it exactly when you get your second KK.  :-) 

So, in short: go for it!

• Like 3

Every picture I’ve seen of the Autumn gold is amazing. It was very high on my list of top options. For me, the investment was enough money to wait for the color I wanted...not exactly any easy swap of you still have a bit of buyers remorse thinking the other color is what you’d want. That said, I have no doubt that every option that you think you’d like you will love.

I can tell you from my experience, that while you are waiting you will experience some color choice anxiety either way. The idle time to look at all of the beautiful KKs as others receive them will do nothing but make you appreciate the other colors more. That didn’t make me regret my decision, but between placing my order and receiving it my top 3 favorite colors probably changed 3-4 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

You know how 4 months can turn into 6 months or 8 months these day, personally I'd be happy with the ones that can be had now. :smt041

This is so true. When I got the message on March 13th that where I work was closed and I would be working remotely until further notice, I never even imagined I would still be working from home a year later.  You just never know what is in store next. That is a nice looking grill, and it will look great in my "woodsy" backyard.  

For accessories, I definitely want the rotisserie, and I would think the stronger motor would be preferable based on the size of the grill and the amount of meat I would be able to fit on the spit. I would also like side tables, and it sounds like the charcoal basket splitter is a no-brainer.  The cold smoker would nice as would the pizza stones, but I may be limited by what accessories he is including with this shipment, though he did "it was loaded".  Any other recommendations?

When I bought both of mine, I chose from what Dennis had available in California. The wait time for custom colors was nothing like the wait is now (basically a few weeks for the build, then ship time). Once I decided a KK was in my future, I wanted that future to occur VERY quickly and that meant off the rack rather than bespoke. Never regretted my decisions for one minute.

3 hours ago, GrillnBrew said:

Any other recommendations?

Load up the pallet with as much coconut charcoal, coffee wood charcoal and coffee wood chunks as will fit. Only way to get this stuff in the US right now and it's the cheapest shipping cost you will ever pay! 

On 2/28/2021 at 4:10 AM, GrillnBrew said:

I did contact Dennis today, actually he called me after I opened the chat box.  I asked about timelines for the custom tiles he has on the website along with other questions about best grill size fit for me.  He agreed (as did many of you) the 32 would work well for me.  As for the tiles, he said there a quite a few back orders to fill from when the tile factory was closed due to Covid, so if I chose one of those custom colors, it would be mid-summer at the earliest before it could be shipped and delivered.  If I chose blue, it would be even longer since the demand for those is greater.   He does have a similar color grill that is supposed to show up in California late March, early April.  The colors are close, my wife really likes it as do I, but not quite as much as the autumn nebula.  A lot of what I've read from you guys, most everyone wished they jumped on board earlier than than they actually did, so I am trying to decide if it's worth the wait for that one perfect color.  Dennis also said that once he puts the autumn gold on Instagram and the website, it won't last very long, and I believe him.   Would you guys be happy with your (close) second choice of color if it meant you would be grilling on it 4 months earlier?  The grill is the one I can go ahead and buy now, and a close up of those tiles are the picture beneath the grill. The tiles to the right of the grill are what I was going to choose if I chose custom tiles. When I see them like this, there is really little difference.

image.thumb.png.7c40ea747f29f8186c653a456c0b23bd.pngDeposit - Custom Sorted Tiles for a 32" Big Bad - Autumn Nebula AN 02.02

0?ui=2&ik=a398f0ec07&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1692888148691586649&th=177e58cd4b3b0e59&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-QsNLxvxPoNPYP25PzISSv679xPNApo5CjGLMkj6IUmCr6fqDQI_G7ZYgi88p5sZ-E3jwNc1ghfR2ZXKGjL1devrd36AW18uAr3Xap3Zf9xZEln9zKtqvuzVg&disp=emb

I also have this colour and it cooks perfect 👌 maybe better than the blue 

• Haha 2